Pay and Benefits Manager
Athletic is on a mission to revolutionize the beer industry by making fantastic and ground-breaking non-alcoholic beverages. We are excited to be on the search for a passionate and enthusiastic payroll and benefits manager individual to join our team. The Pay and Benefits Manager will ensure that all team members are paid accurately and on time, is the point of contact for benefit concerns, and guides and facilitates leaves for team members. At Athletic and through our products, we believe we can have a positive impact on the health, activity, and opportunity in our communities - we actively seek representation from all diverse communities to continue to broaden our horizons.
- Process bi-weekly payroll (exempt and non-exempt) for a rapidly growing organization across multiple states and disciplines.
- Monitor and put practices in place to ensure accuracy for all pieces of payroll including but not limited to: regular earnings (including CA regular rate), overtime, bonus, commissions, wage garnishments, expense reimbursements, company fleet, meal breaks, split shifts, stipend programs, taxes, and deductions.
- Prepare any off-cycle payments including but not limited to: final pay, manual payroll checks, payroll corrections, and year end bonus.
- Ensure accuracy at year end including but not limited to W2s, 1095cs, 1099s, and ACA reporting.
- Audit and review timekeeping systems to ensure accuracy and follow up with managers to ensure timely submissions to process payroll.
- Manage, update and enhance payroll processes and procedure documentation to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws as well as internal controls compliance.
- Manage our best in class health and wealth benefits program including but not limited to: billing, renewal, disability, paid family leave, and 401k program (included 5500 audit).
- Compile and review any relevant reporting for ongoing renewals or audits and provide pertinent information to responsible parties.
- Perform employment verification inquiries.
- Manage and administer all leave of absences by partnering with HR and Safety Team including but not limited to: complying with local and federal laws, tracking leaves and changes to applicable laws and company policies, and keeping in contact with all appropriate parties.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Desired Experience/ Traits
Who You Are:
- Personal curiosity in improving skills.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, listening, critical thinking, verbal and written communication skills.
- Honest, Dependable, high integrity, team player, and passionate.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience: Minimum of four years of processing payroll (in California required) for a company larger than 250 individuals with both exempt and non-exempt team members.
- Minimum of two years of managing local and federal leave of absences (California required).
- Computer Skills: Google Suite, Microsoft Office, HRIS Platforms.
- Certificates, Licenses, registrations: Certified Payroll Professional, Certified Employee Leave Specialist, and/or Fundamental Payroll Certification preferred
- Education: Bachelors Degree or five years of equivalent experience
- Location: San Diego, California - Remote work available
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject – Pay and Benefits Manager
- We value internal mobility and team equity
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
- We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to conduct work in a sitting position primarily; however, the job requires walking, bending, stooping, and lifting.
- May sit/stand for several hours at a time.
- Frequent change and/or interruptions, responding to highly stressful situations requiring immediate action, independent judgment, and superior problem-solving abilities.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.