Get to Know Us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We’re committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
As a Beer Adventurer, working in a fun and fast-paced environment, your mission is to deliver the ultimate Sierra Nevada experience to all, internal and external, guests of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. You will act as an ambassador for both SNBC and the craft beer industry by providing visitors with tours of our entire facility, as well as educational beer tastings in our tasting room, garden, or via virtual platforms.
What You Will Do
- Provide experiences, including a broad range of information about our Sierra Nevada history and culture, history of brewing and brewing process, the craft beer industry, beer styles and our sustainability practices while ensuring the safety of all guests
- Provide administrative and guest support including, but not limited to Tour Desk support, answering phones, responding to voicemails or emails, and general Tour Lobby housekeeping
- Provide flex work into retail/Gift Store sales support and merchandising, First Impression Team assistance, and support the overall Guest Experience department mission as needed
- Maintain complete and accurate tour records
Please Apply if You Have
- Prior customer service experience preferred preferred
- Direct or Experiential Marketing experience preferred
- Ability to learn and retain detailed, precise, and often scientific information which you must then present in an interesting, fun and engaging manner to groups of all sizes and levels of beer knowledge
- A passion for all things craft beer, as well as the ability to describe and evaluate qualities and characteristics of beer will be valuable assets in this position
- Ability to complete training to evaluate the flavor profiles of beer and ability to participate in our Sensory Panel
- Ability to obtain certification in the TIPS alcohol awareness program is required within 90 days of start date
- Ability to deliver virtual beer tastings and experiences through a variety of digital platforms, including but not limited to: Teams, Zoom, and Webx.
- TIPS Alcohol Certification within 90 Days required
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.
- Before applying for this role, please review the full job description, including the physical demands and working environment: https://sierranevada.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=2030
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.