Innovation Brand Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Get to Know Us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We’re committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
The Brand Manager – Innovation is responsible for the creation, launch, and success of future new products both within and outside of traditional beer categories. This includes identifying the white space, building the strategy, and executing the plan to capture market share and grow the Sierra Nevada portfolio. This position will own new product development across a number of different verticals and be held accountable to deliver on specific revenue targets with diversified brands. Additionally, this role will be responsible for being the business owner of these new brands post market launch, as well as keeping the innovation pipeline full with future NPD opportunities.
What You Will Do
- Analyze market data, category trends, and consumer insights to identify new product white spaces
- Develop positioning, concepts and brand identities for new product offerings
- Oversee the formulation and deployment of new product launches from planning through execution
- Develop annual budgets, pricing guidelines and profitability targets
- Responsible for Innovation brands P&L across the organization including pricing and profitability
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to lead creative development in support brand launches
- Establish brand guidelines and ensure they are well communicated and understood within the team and in the market
- Oversee market execution guidelines for Innovation brands and ensure that brand standards are adhered to and executed in the field
- Work with research and insights team to identify learning agendas and platforms to drive stronger understanding of the consumer and their jobs to be done
- Create intelligent, strategic marketing presentations utilizing data, insights, and storytelling
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours, including some nights and weekends
Please Apply if You Have
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing or related field OR any combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved required
- Master's Degree preferred
- 4 years marketing experience required
- 2 years brand management within the CPG industry required
- Previous alcoholic beverage industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience identifying product white spaces, building differentiated brands to meet the consumer need, successfully bringing them to market and driving sustained performance at retail
- Proven track record of building brands and brand strategies with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience building successful brand and channel plans
- Thorough knowledge of market and brand research methods and strong ability of how to utilize and leverage brand insights
- Familiarity with craft beer culture and working knowledge of its key players, brands, trends etc. is highly desirable
- Excellent analytic skills, experience with syndicated data a plus
- Project management skills
- Patience for approval processes and ability to present ideas persuasively to senior management
- Ability to focus on details, as well as maintaining an eye on the high-level strategy
- Ability to multitask – focusing on several projects in different lifecycle stages simultaneously
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.