Compensation Type: Salaried Exempt
Direct Report: Director of Sales, President & COO
Position: Sales Representative
Job Summary: This role is charged with growing the Three Notch’d Brewing Company brand in the territory of Southwest Virginia. This role manages sales, merchandising, local promotions, events and festivals throughout the assigned territory. And is focused on expanding existing accounts in partnership with Blue Ridge Beverage Distribution.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain existing customers and new accounts with sales visits.
- Actively seek out new customers to expand customer base.
- Schedule, set up and attend events, tastings, promotional opportunities in your territory and be willing to attend out of market events from time to time.
- Coordination of events, deliveries, payment, sales and all things related to the operations of the business.
- Establish regular contact and build relationships with key decision makers at key accounts.
- Conduct sales calls to on and off premise retailers, securing sales through new placements.
- Work with suppliers to provide sales literature, marketing and pertinent information to our accounts.
- Coordinate planned sales and staff tastings/training.
- Conduct promotions at bars and restaurants, samplings at retails stores and brewery visits for retailer.
- Perform ongoing quality control of beer outside of brewery.
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules. Frequent travel, weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
- Attend all sales team meetings, as requested.
- Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No supervisory responsibilities
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Requires a clean driving record with no DUIs
- A valid driver’s license for the last three years
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with proprietors of accounts, top level account decision makers, and our internal team.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision - self-motivated.
- High level of craft beer product knowledge.
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills.
- Strong organizational & planning skills.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.
- Previous sales and craft beer experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing, Hospitality, Brewing or related discipline
- Home Office and in Market
- Company Vehicle
Moderate travel (approx. 50%). A company car will be provided for use.
Able to occasionally lift up to 130 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to endure on a daily basis, walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, and crouching.
Three Notch’d Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.