Restaurant Front of House
Avery Brewing Co. is actively hiring for our Front of House Team in the brewery’s high-volume Restaurant and Tap Room.
This is an introductory position into the FOH service team, as individuals are not hired into a Server or Bartender position right away. To gain the best understanding of the whole teAm, all employees begin as a Host and Expo/Food Runner. Immersion in beer education and brewery culture is the focus of our training program. 21+ only, please.
Ideal candidates will possess the following qualities:
Passion: We are passionate about making world class beer and delivering it with world class service and hospitality. We are looking for individuals that share that passion.
Dedication: We are seeking individuals that are dedicated to the team and the higher vision, which is to be the best restaurant & brewery we can be. In order to achieve this vision it starts with highly dedicated individuals that are not only seeking personal growth, but that are also dependable and dedicated to the team.
Attitude: For us at Avery it all comes down to the team and your ability to contribute. The expectations are high and your ability to rise and meet them is crucial to the success of the team. Hospitality is our core and your ability to positively influence the guest experience is essential.
Responsibilities of the Job Include:
- Greet guests promptly and warmly while maintaining a positive attitude and smile
- Manage guest waitlist & ongoing communication with guests as they arrive
- Assist guests with merchandise purchases (wearables and to-go packaged beer)
- Memorize all table and seat numbers
- Stay current with menu changes, draft and to-go beer inventory, and answer questions about any and all offerings.
- Confirm accuracy of guest food orders prior to running food
- Run food from the kitchen up two flights of stairs dozens of times per shift
- Help put together curbside orders with accuracy and timeliness
- Potential for delivery driver shifts as interest & capability warrant
- Side work as needed
- Ability to stand and/or walk for 8+ hours per shift
- Ability to lift to shoulder height and carry 30lbs responsibly and often throughout a shift
- Ability to climb stairs for the duration of a shift
- Ability to work well with a team of people under fast-paced and hot working conditions
If the above mentioned gets you fired up, then we would love to hear from you. Enthusiastic applicants are encouraged to drop off a hard copy of their resume as well.
Avery Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Avery offers above average benefits and perks for restaurant employees (RTD EcoPass, 401(k) matching, beer benefits). With base pay plus tips you could expect earnings between $14-$17 per hour. Please submit your resume and cover letter here explaining why you would like to join our team, and what makes you the absolute perfect fit. We look forward to hearing from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.