Financial Operations Analyst
Our mission at The Boston Beer Company is to bring the highest-quality products to the U.S. beer drinker. To answer that mission, we are creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the differences in both our people and our brands. Our diversity makes us stronger, and when you bring your authentic self to work, we are a stronger, more innovative, and more sustainable company & community.
As a fast-paced, growing company with a strong family of brands (Samuel Adams, Dogfish Head, Angry Orchard, Twisted Tea, and Truly Hard Seltzer), we seek constantly to challenge the status quo. We are always looking for hardworking, talented, and passionate people (that means you!) to join our team.
We are The Boston Beer Company, and together we are heavy.
We are currently hiring a Financial Operations Analyst in our Cincinnati, Ohio Brewery.
The Financial Operations Analyst is responsible for a variety of reporting and transactional activities that are critical to the brewery preforming at a high level. With this role based in a fast paced, growthoriented business, flexibility and a sense of urgency are key. The Ops Analyst will primarily focus on Liquid and Finished Good Inventory and will be responsible for activities related to production/process orders, reporting, and analyzing inventory transactions at Samuel Adams Cincinnati Brewery (SACB). The position will own the in-depth analysis of all operating variances, including raw materials, liquid, and finished goods. The Operations Analyst is also responsible for daily and weekly production reports as well as month end reporting.
What You'll Do:
- Accurate and timely completion of Inventory transactions and Material Usage Variance reconciliations for assigned materials
- Ownership of the annual physical inventory process
- Ownership of a variety of reporting and associated analysis for assigned materials to help deliver cost savings, including scrap, labor, and inventory
- Responsible for month-end, forecast, and annual budget reporting
- Responsible for New Product costing and actively supporting Standard Cost Process
- Assist with development/update regarding SOPs for documentation of position as well as making recommendation and striving to continuously improve the process
- Other Responsibilities
- Assist the Finance Manager
What We're Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Finance or Accounting) strongly preferred
- 3+ years of releveant experience, with deomonstrated experience in a process orientated setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are necessary
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities
- Ability to work in a team-orientated environment that is focused on continuous improvement
- and a sense of urgency
- Highly effective multi-tasker
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Government reporting/sales tax experience preferred
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.