Our mission at The Boston Beer Company is to bring the highest-quality products to the U.S. beer drinker. To answer that mission, we are creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the differences in both our people and our brands. Our diversity makes us stronger, and when you bring your authentic self to work, we are a stronger, more innovative, and more sustainable company & community.
As a fast-paced, growing company with a strong family of brands (Samuel Adams, Dogfish Head, Angry Orchard, Twisted Tea, and Truly Hard Seltzer), we seek constantly to challenge the status quo. We are always looking for hardworking, talented, and passionate people (that means you!) to join our team.
We are The Boston Beer Company, and together we are heavy.
We are currently hiring a Distribution Coordinator at our Samuel Adams Brewery in Breiningsville, PA.
What You'll Do:
The Distribution Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative activities of warehouse operations. The position will be responsible for performing all administrative functions associated with shipping and receiving, storage of material, and inventory systems. Assists in the maintenance of the SAP database and coordinates shipping activities with the third-party logistics supplier. This position reports directly to the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Must be able to work in and foster a team-oriented and “Safety First” environment. Safely, efficiently, and effectively work to attain department and brewery goals and objectives.
- Observe, enforce and practice safe work methods and comply with wearing and using the proper PPE 100% of the time and always work in a safe manner.
- Studies shipping schedules, order schedules, and other records to determine shipping priorities and work assignments to meet shipping and receiving requirements.
- Conduct shipping order maintenance using proprietary SAP transactions. Escalate discrepancies as required.
- Utilize TMS (Transportation Management System) to execute an inbound/outbound shipping schedule. Interface with contract transportation management service on discrepancies.
- Utilizes PINC (Yard Management System) to assign loads to dock doors and track assets. Interface with contract trailer spotting service.
- Coordinates with Production for the priority of material needing to be unloaded.
- Works within SAP ERP system to validate inventory, receive inbound materials, print pick sheets and Bills of Lading (BOL) for shipments
- Ensures proper products are loaded on outbound orders and validate order completion.
- Ensures proper forms are utilized, and procedures are followed.
- Completes manual shipping order forms for any offline return orders.
- Coordinates inbound with on-site Security to ensure proper pick-up times are maintained.
- Assigns partial and mixed pallets manually to orders.
- Answers all inquiries from carriers concerning times, trailers, loads, etc.
What We're Looking For:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a warehouse, transportation, or distribution environment, including supply chain and logistics.
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Effective communication skills; able to communicate across organizations on a multitude of topics.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills relative to data entry file maintenance.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, proactive.
- Proven conflict resolution skills; think through relatively complex issues and arrive at well-thought conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment.
- Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a “get-it-done, can-do” attitude.
- Proficient in operation (or ability to learn) WMS/TMS/and/or shipping manifest system.
- Competent in using SAP, Microsoft Office, including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Must be available for other shifts and/or overtime as needed, which may also require weekends.
- The overall nature of the position requires light physical exertion with constant minimal or sedentary style work.
- There is frequent exposure to warehouse/production environments subject to noise and cold/hot temperature changes.
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.