Job Summary: The purpose of this position is to transport orders, goods, and various loads to and from the Fort George Brewery distribution centers and its respective accounts and associates. This position uses relevant information and independent judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, and Fort George policies. Varying schedule to occasionally include weekends, evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
Essential Job Functions
- Safely operating all relevant vehicles (electric pallet jacks, box trucks, sprinter vans, forklifts, etc. )
- Checking vehicle to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment are in good working order
- Maneuvering vehicles into loading/unloading positions, ensuring vehicle and equipment are properly positioned
- Collecting delivery instructions, delivering good and equipment as directed
- Loading/unloading vehicles, operating any loading-related equipment or vehicles as necessary
- Checking conditions of equipment after delivery to ensure that there has been no damage
- Reporting vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles
- Performing emergency roadside repairs, such as changing tires, installing bulbs, tire chains, spark plugs, etc.
- Securing cargo for transport using ropes, blocks, chains, binders, covers, etc.
- Driving vehicles to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes as needed, documenting weights and complying with relevant regulations
- Obtaining receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collecting payment or services when required
- Inventorying and inspecting goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions
- Performing basic vehicle maintenance
- Occasionally accommodating accounts with on the spot sales and orders as needed
- Attending and participating in key distribution events such as releases, tastings, etc.
- Attending all scheduled employee meetings and mandatory events
- Helping to maintain a clean and tidy work environment at the warehouse
- Other duties assigned by Distribution Manager or Owner(s)
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 21 years of age or older
- Clean driving record; valid Driver’s License required; valid Commercial Driver’s License preferred
- Ability to pass a Department of Transportation physical; ability to comply with Fort George drug and alcohol misuse policy including random drug testing
- Valid Forklift Operator’s certification (may be obtained upon hire); ability to safely operate warehouse vehicles and equipment such as semi trucks, box trucks, forklifts, pallet jacks, pallet wrappers, etc.
- Valid OLCC Server’s Permit (may be obtained within 45 days from first date of employment)
- Valid MAST Server’s Permit (may be obtained within 45 days from first date of employment)
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server Certification (may be obtained within six months of employment)
- Ability to communicate with coworkers and associates; ability to read/understand written/oral instructions/information etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position
- Be able to operate vehicles, mechanized devices, or equipment including but not limited to box trucks, forklifts, and sprinter vans up to 90% of the time
- Be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75-90% of the time
- Manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills; the ability to exchange information with associates, coworkers, and supervisors; the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures; the ability to receive and interpret aural and visual information;
- Ability to identify objects, actions, and events, i.e. identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events
- Be able to use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, and standards.
- Be able to inspect equipment, structures, and materials, be able to identify the cause of errors, problems, defects, or safety hazards
- Be able to communicate with coworkers, supervisors, and associates; successfully exchange information
- Be able to transport equipment and product weighing up to 50 pounds up to 50% of the time
- Be able to ascend/descend including but not limited to stairs, ladders, vehicle roof access and fixed ladders, truck running boards, extension-ladders, and ramps while moving equipment and product up to 25 pounds
- Be able to traverse the warehouse, brewery, and other areas of the Fort George campus up to 25% of the time
- Be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, including but not limited to a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Environmental Conditions
- Constantly operating and working around vehicles and large machinery including but not limited to box trucks, forklifts, sprinter vans, etc.
- Constantly works alone in an isolated setting
- Frequently works in an outdoor setting; varied weather conditions are expected
- Frequently works in cold, enclosed setting
- Frequently works in an indoor, concrete setting
- Occasionally works in an indoor, public event space setting
- Occasionally works around wet, slippery floors or surfaces
- Occasionally works in hot, noisy, and/or fast-paced setting
- Occasionally works with or is exposed to rapidly-moving mechanical parts, hot liquids, toxic/caustic chemicals/gases with fumes and/or airborne particulates, liquids/gases under high pressure, sharp objects or tools, etc.
**Please note that this job description is meant to give a basic understanding of the position and does not cover every part of the job duties and requirements. Fort George reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position at any time.**
***Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions**
Your application has been successfully submitted.