This job is no longer accepting applications.
Expected start date: ASAP
About the job:
Starbase Brewing is hiring our first Marketing Coordinator! Do you love locally brewed craft beer? Do you check the Starship Development Thread on Reddit at least two times a day? Do you spend your free time creating Jeff Who memes? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be just who we are looking for!
Starbase Brewing's Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for developing and implementing the community marketing strategy to drive growth and awareness to our brand across all channels. Job responsibilities include curating, posting, and monitoring the brewery’s social media accounts daily, so prior interest or experience with the craft brewing industry is preferred. Our ideal candidate is someone savvy with social media, highly organized, and has an interest in learning about marketing in a start-up environment. The position will require up to 15 hours of work per week, and an opportunity to transition into a full-time role may exist in the future. Our ideal candidate also has a deep interest in space and rockets, and a strong desire to see humanity become multi-planetary.
- Create engaging content for all platforms, including photos, videos, blog pieces, articles, and social media posts
- Engage with the online community and respond to comments and requests
- Develop recommendations informed by consumer insights, KPIs, and industry landscape
- Create relationships with social media influencers in strategic areas (craft beer, space industry) and execute programming to gain visibility for Starbase Brewing
- Build content calendars specific to social media, PR and/or influencer marketing that reflect critical initiatives, events, and product launches
- Coordinate PR creation and distribution and manage any future PR agency relationships
- Track and analyze content performance and conversion rates to estimate ROI and advise on best strategies
- Monitor, track, and share new digital and social trends, tools, and platforms to connect with brand strategies
- Assist in managing sponsored partnerships, where relevant to PR or social engagement
- Provide monthly digital reporting to the leadership team
- Manage a social, digital marketing budget, including spend on retargeting ads. Run and report on paid social ads when applicable
- Interest in (obsession with?) space, rockets, SpaceX, and Starbase strongly preferred
- At least 1 year of social media or PR experience
- Ability to prepare a full range of written materials and social media content
- Experience with Google Docs/Sheets/Slides
- Bonus: Experience developing strategic creative marketing campaigns (at a brand or an agency)
- Bonus: Marketing experience with other breweries and/or startups
- Bonus: Ability to use design tools like Photoshop or Illustrator
- Bonus: Knows where the engines are, Jeff
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible time-off policy
- Exposure to really cool space stuff
- Free beer (if you’re in Texas)
Starbase Brewing is a new brewery startup launching in Austin later this summer. As you can probably guess from the name, we are creating rocketry-themed beers inspired by Starbase, Texas. We’re planning to start out by brewing our own modern twists on traditional ales and lagers. Eventually we’d like to expand into explorations of other styles including hazies, sours, stouts, and more.
One of our biggest goals is to use craft beer to educate and excite the public about space exploration and Mars Colonization. (1% of all of our profits will be donated to science education!) We are the “Official Brewery of Mars” and our guiding vision is to be the first brewery on another planet. We have some really cool partnerships and potential customers in the works, and are excited about building this brand in the great beer city of Austin. If this project sounds exciting to you, please reach send your resume and any references to email@example.com. Tell us a bit about yourself, and be sure to mention what styles of beers you most like to drink. We will respond in a timely manner. Thank you for your interest.
Starbase Brewing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Starbase Brewing is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with SpaceX, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates. We are huge fans, though.
Your application has been successfully submitted.