Director of Sales
Wachusett Brewing is looking for an exceptional leader who can implement our sales distribution strategy to grow the company. In this role, the successful individual will work with wholesalers to increase sales, persistently explore, uncover the future business needs, and understand how to grow the Wachusett brand family. She or he will develop and implement a sales plan that will result in the growth of the business.
- Achieves sales goals and profitability.
- Manages sales team, budgeting, forecasting, pricing, and sales.
- Implements short and long-range plans that are comprehensive and effective in meeting goals; integrates planning efforts with distributors and Wachusett sales/marketing team.
- Implements the sales organization’s vision, goals, and overall direction.
- Maintains awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards.
- Works to develop new products, brand strategies and pricing for evolving market opportunities.
- Demonstrates principled leadership and sound business ethics; shows consistency among principles, values, and behavior; builds trust with others through own authenticity and follow-through on commitments; drives results and success; conveys a sense of urgency.
- Provides coaching and works to build an effective team that responds quickly.
- Cultivates and maintains effective business relationships with executive decision makers in large distributors and accounts.
- Communicate directly with production team regarding inventory levels and production needs from distributors.
- Performs direct sales calls as well as sales rep work.
- Experience with three-tier distribution system.
- Established record in developing and building competent sales organizations, meeting, and exceeding sales goals within established budgets, and contributing to successful sales plans and strategies.
- Proven leadership and sales experience within the on-premise and off-premise environment.
- Use VIP to run sales analytics and communicate reports to operations team and distributors.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills, with strong management background.
- High level of financial and business acumen; forecasting, pricing, and deal structures.
- Ability to stay current with brands, programs, initiatives, as well as products offered by the company’s competition.
- Intermediate to advanced skillset with VIP iDig, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with O’Beer a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10+ years’ experience in beer sales.
- 5+ years’ experience managing a team.
- Passionate about the beer industry and the Wachusett Brand, and able to embrace and work with our company culture.
- Results driven, professional, energetic, and self-motivated.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Will be required to pass a background check.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to manipulate data in Excel and develop PowerPoint presentations.
- Schedule will require evenings and weekends for travel and events.
- Location is the Massachusetts market but will require meetings and travel to current wholesaler territories.
Qualified applicants only. Please email resumes to email@example.com
Wachusett Brewing Company Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Your application has been successfully submitted.