Brewing and Cellaring Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
COOP Ale Works is a twelve-year-old production/packaging craft brewery located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma’s heartbeat and home of a growing craft beer scene. Current distribution includes Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri and Texas. As we grow into new concepts, new markets and new beers, one of our goals is to continue to build the root structure of our brands, our beers and our reputation as a leading craft brewery. We are looking to add aggressive, passionate and talented team members who will embrace our culture and objectives and grow with us into the future.
The brewing and cellaring position will be responsible for brewing, tank management and maintaining smooth production operations.
- 1-week immersion with Operations, Brewing and Packaging Teams
- Operation of mill, brewhouse, cellar and all associated equipment
- CIP/CUP of tanks, hoses and fittings
- Monitoring, pressurizing, purging and carbonating beer tanks
- Tank flavoring additions with specialized equipment
- Beer transfer/centrifuge operation
- Yeast handling
- Assist in all forms of packaging as well as shipping and receiving
- Cleaning all areas of the brewery
- Process and SOP feedback
- General facility and equipment maintenance
- Coordination with production and packaging staff for prioritization of tank and beer management
- Work with QA/QC department to maintain brewing and packaging standards
- Knowledge and compliance with all safety and PPE implementation including but not limited to masks and social distancing
Absolute (don’t apply without these)
- 100+ batches brewed (homebrew or production)
- Self-motivated, self-starter with ability to excel in instances of limited direction
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Dedicated sense of urgency and drive to achieve objectives
- Strong knowledge of brewing science and techniques
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with varying levels of importance and difficulty
- Mechanical intuition
- Ability to stand, crawl, pull, twist and jump for prolonged periods
- Ability to lift 50lb shoulder high and 100lb waist high
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to work on your feet for an entire shift
- Competence with all forms of safety protocol
- Detail oriented and diligent record keeper
- Desire to work hard, play hard and get things done
- Ability to work both 1st and 2nd shifts and weekends
- Food or beverage packaging systems and process experience
- Knowledge of chemical use, storage and safety
- General knowledge of brewing and packaging
Salary and Benefits
COOP Ale Works offers competitive salaries based on experience. This position includes semi-annual reviews as well as merit-based bonuses, raises and profit sharing. We also offer a robust health insurance plan, 401k plan and match, profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays and a continuing education program. Beer is an obvious perk.
If you’re passionate about beer and wish to apply for the position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include “Brewing and Cellaring Specialist” in the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.