COOP Ale Works is a twelve-year-old production/packaging craft brewery located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma’s heartbeat and home of a growing craft beer scene. Current distribution includes Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri and Texas. As we grow into new concepts, new markets and new beers, one of our goals to continue to build the root structure of our brands, our beers and our reputation as a leading craft brewery. We are looking to add aggressive, passionate and talented team members who will embrace our culture and objectives and grow with us into the future.
The Controller is responsible for the accounting policies, procedures, systems and controls within our rapidly growing business. The Controller will manage all financial statement reporting and analysis, and work to ensure policy compliance and comprehensive accuracy throughout all business divisions. The position will report directly to the CEO and will work closely with senior management and divisional leads to provide financial intelligence across the business. The Controller will manage a growing team of accountants and bookkeepers. Requisite skills and experience include budget management, COGS efficiency, OPEX containment, forecast exercises and iterative modeling. Viable Controller candidates will have extensive financial analysis experience and a background managing teams and working in diverse structural and operational frameworks. The Controller will also manage all regulatory compliance for the business.
- Manage accounting policies, procedures and internal controls, and ensure compliance across the business
- Manage accounting systems and integrations with other software platforms
- Plan, coordinate and direct all operational accounting functions through accounting team
- Prepare, interpret and analyze all financial statements, reports and outputs, including consolidated statements across multiple organizations and operational areas
- Disseminate financial intelligence to operational leads and drive budget accountability and visibility
- Work with management to hone business efficiency, profitability and sustainability
- Work with management to conduct detailed budget and forecast variance analysis
- Work with several operational teams to improve divisional productivity and decision-making
- Ensure budget/forecast model and financial statement synchronicity and compatibility
- Manage fixed assets accounting and record keeping (purchase, depreciation, disposal, etc.)
- Coordinate engagements with internal/external auditors and tax authorities
- Manage TTB and state alcoholic beverage licensure and compliance, across national footprint
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 8+ years’ accounting experience; manufacturing and food/beverage accounting experience preferred
- 3+ years’ experience managing accounting staff and leading teams
- 3+ years’ experience working with consolidated financial statements
- Experience disseminating financial intelligence to management and operational teams
- Experience working in/with rapidly scaling organizations
- Experience working with varied accounting software and ERP systems; manufacturing/cost accounting software experience preferred
- Experience working with TTB and state alcoholic beverage regulators preferred
- Experience working with granular and complicated budgets
- In-depth understanding of compliance, audit and tax environments/requirements
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP and FASB standards
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong tactical decision-making skills
- CPA license highly preferred
- Advanced skills and functional competency in Excel and other MS Office applications
- Experience working with data cubes and BI software preferred
- Commitment to absolute attention to detail
Salary and Benefits
COOP Ale Works offers competitive salaries based on experience. This position includes semi-annual reviews as well as merit-based bonuses, raises and profit sharing. We also offer a robust health insurance plan, 401k plan, paid time off, paid holidays and a continuing education program. Beer is an obvious perk.
If you’re passionate about beer and wish to apply for the position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include “Controller” in the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.