Maintenance technicians are expected to be able to work across multiple disciplines and trades, in both a team setting and individually. This position works autonomously but receives direction from the maintenance manager. The maintenance department is currently scheduled to provide coverage during all hours of packaging operations. Maintenance technicians are expected to check the work order system upon coming into work and completing PM work orders as they are generated. Technicians are expected to field calls from other departments regarding line stoppage issues and prioritize responses to multiple calls. This position is largely mechanical and physical but requires a moderate degree of administrative abilities.
Daily Duties, Functions, Responsibilities
- Operate hand tools, power tools, and shop equipment.
- Operate floor jacks and forklifts.
- Operate mobile elevated work platforms (aerial man lifts).
- Troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical issues on all equipment.
- Perform mechanical and electrical work related to brewing equipment, conveying systems, packaging machinery, utility equipment, and other process equipment.
- Conduct emergency/unscheduled repairs when necessary.
- Read and interpret manuals, electrical prints, and documentation to perform required maintenance and service.
- Maintain and organize the maintenance shop, tools and equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment in accordance with PM programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of specialized equipment, machinery, and operations.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- General knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions associated with work.
- Ability to interpret technical bulletins and schematics on equipment related to work.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to distinguish color for safety signs.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- Must be 21-years of age.
- Experience in industrial maintenance preferred. This includes but is not limited to HVAC, welding, electrical, and PLC programming
Physical Conditions and Nature of Work Contacts
- Involves frequent walking, lifting, and carrying objects weighing 50lbs, occasional lifting of 100-150lbs.
- Strenuous work positions including, bending, stooping, kneeling, and laying down.
- Work exposes employee to adverse weather.
- Exposes employee to potentially minor injuries.
- Regular contact with production employees and management
Your application has been successfully submitted.