New Glory Craft Brewery is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join our production team. This is a position requiring experience with a ton of room for future growth within the company. For consideration please send a resume and brief cover letter letting us know why you want to work for New Glory to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the position
Title: Cellar Tech
Reports to: Director Of Brewing Operations
Position Type: Full time, hourly non-exempt
Position summary: The Cellar Tech provides support to all brewery departments in completing their tasks. This is an advanced level position with lots of autonomy that requires excellent time management and decision making abilities.
- Tank cleaning (CIP) and preparation
- Operation of GEA centrifuge
- Dry Hopping
- Beer transfers
- Operation of inline carbonation skid
- Ensure proper carbonation and temperature of conditioning beers
- Take basic quality measurements of fermenting/finished beer: DO checks, gravities, pH and carbonation
- Packaging - keg filling and caning line assistance
- Daily maintenance, cleanliness and upkeep of all brewery areas
- Organization of materials and materials storage areas.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must be able to take direction, integrate with a team and be very adaptable.
- Proven work history of diligence and professionalism
- Ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack
- Able to read and follow written instructions in English.
- Able to do basic math ( add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals)
- Mechanical aptitude a strong plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to stand for prolonged periods
- Able to stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs
- Able to manipulate valves and clamps
- Able to regularly lift/carry 55 pound bags above waist level
- Able to periodically and safely lift/move 165 pounds
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water, and steam.
- The employee frequently must work in a sanitary environment.
- The employee work in a factory/production environment setting which may be loud, slick, humid, and hot and with wide temperature ranges.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 21 years of age
- Eager to learn
- Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards
- Good time management skills
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company.
- Has a passion and fundamental understanding of craft beer and its culture
- Positive professional attitude
- Team player with the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Strong multi-tasking skills and detail oriented
- Professional, polite, and reliable
- Must have problem solving abilities & be able to think quickly on your feet
- Ability to work a schedule of (5) full 8-hour workdays per week with the flexibility to work overtime, evenings and weekends and some holidays as dictated by the work load and staffing.
Compensation and Benefit:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 401k/profit sharing after one year of employment
- Lots of free beer
New Glory Craft Brewery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.