This job is no longer accepting applications.
We started out in 1996 as a small group of San Diego home brewers who simply wanted to make a better beer. In our exploration, we became obsessed with ingredients - tinkering, testing and tasting to find the perfect balance of taste and aroma. That adventurous spirit leads to award-winning beers in classic and unique styles while challenging our own tastes and expanding yours.
We're proud of our San Diego roots, our employees, our beers, and our fans. We think of our employees as family, and you, our fans, as extended family. You'll see us use #BPPROUD as a badge of pride and a way to further connect with our beer loving community.
The Facilities Technician 1 will perform basic duties in designated areas within the facility, able to work semi-independently under guidance from Facilities Technician 2 and Facilities Technician 3. Support upgrades, expansions, and ongoing maintenance and repair functions to brewing facility and equipment. This person is to be self-driven and use critical thinking to help troubleshoot facility maintenance. The Facilities Technician 1 will need to execute exemplary customer service skills in working with other departments, peers, and suppliers to complete projects. This individual will be in an industrial setting where there is machinery, loud noises, and forklifts. The Facilities Technician 1 is expected uphold our Ballast Point standards, including but not limited to our Code of Conduct, Employee Handbook, policies and procedures, and Ballast Point's Mission and Values. Our Facility Technician 1 is expected to demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to work under guidance from the Facilities Technician 2 and Facilities Technician 3.
The primary responsibilities of the Facilities Technician 1 include:
- Perform duties semi-independently under guidance from the Facilities Technician 2 and Facilities Technician 3.
- Facilities Technician 1 at this level are distinguished from other levels within the department by the level of responsibility assumed and the duties assigned. Facilities Technician 1 is expected to perform the basic duties assigned semi-independently, perform all repairs and servicing on equipment within designated areas within the building under guidance from the Facilities Technician 2 and Facilities 3.
- Ensure the facilities operations run smoothly including but not limited to process equipment, pneumatic, mechanical, and hydraulic systems repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Help ensure all facilities needs are met timely, while communicating realistic timelines to managers/supervisors at our BP facilities.
- Ensure our breweries run at peak production with little down time, continue to upgrade our equipment to improve efficiency and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Support implementation and optimization of a preventative maintenance program and work order system.
- Build upon the existing efforts to make our breweries clean and well organized, including participation in the 5s program.
- Participate in maintaining a parts storage system that is clean and organized, inline with our 5s program.
- Ensures facilities operations provide a safe work environment for employees, visitors, and customers.
- Ability to manage time and complex deadline-driven workload; includes planning, organizing, setting reasonable priorities and good follow-through.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- Execute preventative maintenance (PM) according to PM schedule.
- Complete reactive maintenance on production lines to recover from equipment failures by repairing mechanical, electrical and structural components
- Participate in special project work on equipment upgrades or installations
- Assist installing, repairing, servicing machinery and equipment support systems
- Maintaining production lines and performing predictive and preventive maintenance
- Ability to Weld
- Basic Knowledge of Plumbing
- Basic Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Basic Knowledge of PLC controls
- Basic Knowledge of HVAC including boilers and steam systems, chillers
- Basic Knowledge of Wastewater Treatment
- Basic Knowledge of RO/DI Systems
- 3-15 years of factory-related experience in a maintenance environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of packaging machinery, welding, electrical, and plumbing skills
- Basic Troubleshooting
- Basic Experience with pump motor repairs, valves, heat exchange systems, packaging equipment (fillers, case packers, conveyors)
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery, equipment and computers
- Have a great, positive attitude that will inspire, and reflects the values of Ballast Point Brewery.
- Previous experience in a brewery setting, food/beverage production, pharmaceuticals, or other Consumer Packaged Goods
- Basic knowledge of utilities, including but not limited to chillers, boilers and steam systems, refrigeration, and comfort HVAC.
- Additional relevant vocational course work.
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) or Energy Professional designation is a plus.
- Experience with continuous improvement concepts.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Industrial facility subject to loud noises, heavy moving equipment
- Travel as needed
- Exposed to various weather conditions both indoors and outdoors
- Ability to work at least 8 hours daily
- Flexible schedule to work day, night, grave, holiday and weekend shifts and alternative work weeks
Your application has been successfully submitted.