Senior Cost Accountant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Experienced cost accountant with at least 5 years of progressive manufacturing experience. Work cross-functionally with the Operations department to assist them in understanding their costs and variances to planned standards. Drive process improvements within the cost accounting role in addition to identifying operational cost savings. Candidate has the ability to think critically and identify problems along with action-based solutions.
- Responsible for setting up cost standards for overhead cost pools and bill of materials
- Work cross-functionally with operation departments to analyze and report on manufacturing variances from standards
- Accounting for operations period costs including freight, warehouse, facilities maintenance, etc.
- Inventory management that includes but not limited to; production orders process, cycle/full inventory counts, E&O reserve analysis
- Ensure that all journal entries and reconciliations required for month end cost accounting close are completed and analyzed
- Assists with forecasting and the annual budget preparation process relating to cost accounting
- Serves as a subject matter expert for inventory and related modules in ERP system
- Responsible for item data and new product setup
- Projects to drive process improvements
- At least 5 years of cost accounting experience
- Understanding of the manufacturing environment and associated processes; Inventory flow, end-to-end supply chain, shipping/receiving, and manufacturing principles and operations processes
- BS in Accounting or Finance with a solid understanding of GAAP
- CPA/CMA/MBA preferred, not required
- Organized and can balance more than one task at a time with a high attention to detail producing accurate deliverables
- Advance excel skills, proficient in remaining Microsoft Suite, and NetSuite experience a plus
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, and in presentations
Your application has been successfully submitted.