Director of Hospitality
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Exile is seeking a Beverage Director to maintain quality and profitability for our operations behind the bar. The beverage director is responsible for training all bartending staff, ensuring a creative, high-quality and profitable specialty drink menu, and ensuring we have an appropriate level of inventory at all times. This is a leadership role and this individual will often be asked to take on additional responsibilities outside their specific scope.
Exile – Far From Ordinary
Beer fulfills our purpose. It cultivates our community of free-spirits, oddballs and outsiders. It ties us together and builds our festivities. The product of an unparalleled commitment to innovation and quality, it’s our labor of love for our uncommon family. Welcome to Exile, we’re far from ordinary.
Founded in 2012, we are a family-owned-and-operated microbrewery and brewpub that produces world-class lagers and ales. We brew and package all of our beer at our historic facility in Des Moines, IA. Our brands are distributed throughout Iowa and select markets in Illinois and Nebraska.
- Engaging in the hiring process for all front of house staff & evolving the onboarding process.
- Full time management of the front of house.
- Weekly meeting with pub management team.
- Onboarding each front of house brewpub employee before their first shift on the floor.
- Onboarding includes talks on culture & history as well as rehearsing typical situations, problem solving, and entering into Schedulefly, Aloha & Heartland Hire.
- Ensuring all front of house new hires complete their training and are fully prepared for their first shift.
- Identifying who should and should not train. Following up on training checklist and ensuring they’ve completed all relevant benchmark.
- Evolving the training process to ensure it is in line with our overall strategy and tactics as they evolve.
- Have we changed our top level approach? Is this reflected in the training packet? Our Core Values? Our intro? Our Big 5? Are these appropriately reflected in the training manual? Menu items, beers, etc.
- Evolving our hospitality and returning customer process.
- Enforcing all brewpub processes and policies.
- Big 5, seat numbers, golden ticket, uniforms, absenteeism, tardiness, drinking, etc.
- Building regulars through hospitality and personal interactions.
- Ordering & managing all retail items.
- Managing priorities while on the floor.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- An Innate understanding of hospitality
- Proficient in Excel
- Highly organized
- Great communicator with the ability to coach as well as appropriately communicate issues.
- Experience managing people
- Leadership skills
- Health insurance
- 401k eligibility with company match
Your application has been successfully submitted.