This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Dining Experience Coordinator is an Altstadt brand ambassador who supports the front-of-house by creating an immediately inviting atmosphere for our diners. The jobholder greets guests at the door, seats guests, provides menus and effectively sets expectations for guests’ dining experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets and seats guests, presents menus to guests and informs them of special menu items
- Treats guests in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction
- Takes names on a waiting list; effectively manages guest expectations around wait times
- Runs and maintains the floor plan board
- Observes tables and keeping track of clean, dirty, and occupied tables
- Cleans, organizes, and stocks menus at host area
- Answers phone and answers questions concerning the menu and restaurant
- Interacts with guests coming in and as they leave, ensuring a positive dining experience
- Fills to go orders, if applicable
- Maintains restrooms throughout shift
- Technical Capacity- Must be able to use all job-related software, systems and tools (e.g. POS, cash register, phone, etc);
- Customer Focus- Must exude enthusiasm for helping others and exceeding guest expectations; must be friendly, approachable and professional in all interactions;
- Accuracy- Must be able to correctly remember and enter all guest orders; Must be able to correctly track the number of guests in each section and which tables are occupied or vacant
- Flexibility- Must be able to effectively multi-task and perform a variety of tasks as-needed for multiple guests at once;
- Ethical Conduct- Must uphold and enforce the company’s ethical standards and comply with local, state and federal law;
- Safety- Must be familiar with and adhere to industry and function-specific federal, state and local safety requirements;
- Collaboration- Must work well with other departments/functions;
- Communication- Must communicate effectively to employees, vendors and customers; Must speak, write and read English at the necessary level to safely and competently perform all job duties.
This position has no supervisor responsibilities.
This job operates in a restaurant environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to environmental hazards including, but not limited smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity, extreme cold (i.e. walk-in freezer); frequent contact/immersion of hands in water, sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood and produce items and frequent washing of hands.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This role is mostly mobile, and the jobholder must be able to stand and walk around for their entire assigned shift. The jobholder is regularly required to bend, stoop, reach, lift, shake, stir, pour, carry, push, talk, hear, speak, read, walk and stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls in repetitive motions. The employee occasionally lifts and carries tubs and cases weighing up to 75 pounds. The employee must frequently communicate with expediters and servers and read orders on tickets.
The jobholder must be able to function well under pressure and must be able to remain calm to effectively deescalate upset customers. The employee must have an excellent memory to correctly execute guests’ orders. The jobholder must also be able to correctly perform basic math to make correct change with or without the use of a calculator (in case the system is down).
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The typical hours of work and days may vary, and the jobholder is required to work as scheduled by management. Overtime may be required from time to time at Management’s discretion.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- No prior education or experience required
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous experience as a host, including POS experience
- Highschool diploma or GED
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
- Must be able to pass the Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a score of 90% or better
- Must possess a State alcohol server license and food handler’s card
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to legally work in the US without sponsorship
Altstadt provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Altstadt complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Your application has been successfully submitted.