Health, Safety, Environment Intern
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Looking for an opportunity to get some real world experience, make a significant contribution to a local business, add some great work experience to your resume, make good money AND work at a brewery? We are looking for a full-time Intern to work on our Health, Safety & Environmental team for 90 days.
What we offer you
- An innovative, growing company in our industry.
- A strong culture; one that is guided through our Mission, Vision and Values.
- A collaborative, caring, creative and engaging place to work.
- An award-winning culture
- The HSE intern will assist the QHSE manager in improving, auditing, and implementing the safety program across all New Holland locations.
What you would do
- Assist QHSE manager in completion of safety projects.
- Review, audit, update, and revise all written safety programs.
- Identify gaps and areas of non-compliance and help to implement corrective actions.
- Assist with implementation of routine internal safety audits.
- Assist QHSE manager in reviewing and updating risk assessments as necessary.
- Develop and implement a lock-out tagout training program.
- Explore options for improving our safety training program and procedures.
- Ensure all team members are 100% compliant on required safety trainings.
- Verify all safety inspections are being completed correctly and at the required interval, ex: forklifts, scissor lifts, ladders, fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, slings.
- Verify the correct and most effective PPE is being used where required at all times.
- Identify areas of opportunity for ergonomic improvement.
- Verify Safety Data Sheets for all chemicals are on file and up to date for each New Holland location.
- Assist department managers in investigation of safety incidents and implementation of corrective actions.
- Help other departments as necessary.
What you offer us
- Knowledge of brewing science and practices
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in heat, cold, and high humidity
- Ability to be on your feet for at least 8 hours
Great to Haves
- Passion for beer and brewing
- Pursuing a degree in a Occupational Safety or a related field.
At New Holland Brewing Company, we are on a mission to enhance the quality of people’s lives.
New Holland Brewing Company’s vision is to create savored moments for the world.
Believe * Engage * Own * Lead * Act with Integrity * Care
How your job supports the mission
The HSE intern enhances the quality of our team members’ lives by helping to provide a safe work environment and ensuring everybody goes home unharmed at the end of the day.
Summary of a typical day
- Verify daily forklift inspections are completed.
- Inspect chemical PPE and replace as necessary.
- Review findings from safety audit and work with QHSE manager to implement corrective actions.
- Complete monthly fire extinguisher and AED inspections.
- Shadow a machine operator to identify ergonomic challenges and potential hazards.
Reports To: QHSE Manager
Your application has been successfully submitted.