This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Bartender reports to the Tasting Room Management and is responsible for the day-to-day operation of our tasting rooms, including serving beer, selling merchandise, maintaining the physical space, and constructively interacting with customers. This role is the face of the company for many of our customers, so it is their job to represent Harland Brewing Company and our beer in the best, most informative way possible while providing an outstanding service experience for every person who walks in our door. Bartenders must be efficient, knowledgeable, friendly, and enthusiastic, with the ability to answer a wide range of questions on brewing, our beer, and the company.
- Greet all guests entering the tasting room
- Anticipate and respond to guest needs
- Work regular shifts in the tasting room (serving beer, bussing, cleaning, etc.)
- Execute transactions through our POS system
- Maintain responsibility for cash drawers, counting, and reporting while on shift
- Help reinforce and provide accountability for all cash handling processes
- Help guests navigate our vast and ever-changing inventory of beer
- Receive and stock canned beer, using FIFO (first in, first out)
- Sell and stock merchandise
- Move and re-stock kegs
- Perform opening/running/closing duties
- Handle multiple tasks at one time efficiently and with an upbeat, friendly attitude
- Interact with and handle intoxicated guests in a positive and safety minded manner
- Work independently and as a motivated team player
- Maintain all Safety and Sanitation Standards
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Enforce all applicable alcohol laws and rules
- Comply with and enforce all health, safety, and personal hygiene policies and standards
- Be a team player and able to interact with all levels within the organization
- Adhere to and enforce all applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulation
- Other tasks as needed, delegated by the Tasting Room Leads or Management
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must be 21 years of age
- 2+ years of prior relevant experience bartending is preferred
- Must be available to work weekends, special events and holidays
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are a must
- Superior customer service skills and service driven
- Friendly, positive and professional disposition when dealing with guests, vendors and team members
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, follow-up and work in a fast pace environment under pressure
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrated reliability, punctuality, and adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Enthusiasm for beer
- Passion for customer service
- LEAD Certification required
- CA Food Handlers Card required to work in any tasting room that serves food
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 60 lb. at varying frequencies
- Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, hand trucks, dishwashers etc.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Able to work in a factory/production environment which may be loud, slick, humid, cold, and hot
- Able to work in indoor and outdoor environments with moderate noise and occasionally slippery floors
Harland Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.