This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Service Manager is the daily director of service and quality standards in Grimm’s taproom. This position supervises the overall flow of service on a shift-by-shift basis and helps service run smoothly through excellent communication skills and the enforcement of all taproom SOPs and service protocols.
The Service Manager ensures that customers have the best experience of Grimm’s taproom and beers during each day’s service. Candidates for this role must be passionate, proactive, professional, and possess a strong understanding of effective and excellent service. As the daily leader behind our taproom staff during service, the Floor Manager serves as an example to inspire others with a thirst for excellence.
- Oversee set up for daily service:
- Aid in the daily transition of production brewery to taproom
- When needed, run pre-shift meeting and communicate pertinent information regarding day-of happenings, menu and inventory updates
- Monitor service flow:
- Supervise performance, product knowledge, and organization of bartenders
- Direct bartenders in strengthening relationships with regulars
- Direct service flow based on what the customer is looking for (a seat outside? Packaged beer? A draft beer to walk with?)
- Ensure lighting is adjusted as the sun sets and music levels are adjusted depending on taproom dynamic. Ensure that music is appropriate and from a taproom-approved playlist.
- “Filling in gaps” when it comes to service--possess the ability to step into any FOH role to better facilitate service in high-volume moments
- Cut appropriate labor when business slows
- Walk throughout the space with an eye toward informing and assisting our clientele, maintaining general cleanliness, and aiding staff in the execution of their duties as necessary.
- Events & other taproom activities:
- Oversee taproom events (DJs, food pop-ups, makers markets) and assist with set-up, breakdown, and coordination.
- Understanding of all rules and regulations (local, state, federal regulations as well as Grimm’s house rules)
- Calm irate guests; enforce house rules; handle the ejection of overserved individuals
- Possess exceptional patience and customer service skills and know how to say “NO” to customers in a way that is considered and kind
- Fix, or delegate the fixing of, any small problems that may occur (e.g. broken door handles, light bulbs, sound system, etc)
- Update Untappd, BeerMenus, and the Grimm website and POS with any mid-service menu changes, growler / can additions and subtractions, etc. (due to kegs being kicked or bottles and cans being out-of-stock).
- Maintain and troubleshoot Breadcrumb POS hardware and software before and during service.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Resy before and during service
- Weekly meeting with Taproom Manager to refine steps of service and discuss any pertinent information regarding taproom function
- Maintain awareness and expertise regarding Grimm’s beer & history, as well as all other beer, wine, liquor products that are carried in-house for the edification of staff and customers.
- 5+ years of experience in a fast paced, high volume restaurant or bar environment
- 1+ years of managing experience
- Strong knowledge of craft beer and a hunger for continuing education
- Confident and calm under pressure
- Proactive and resourceful
- Communicates messages clearly and effectively
- Good at delegating responsibilities and empowering FOH staff
- Inspires and motivates FOH team with passion for beer and service (especially Grimm beer and taproom)
- Thoughtful reflection on refining steps of service
- Analytical skills and a solid understanding of business management practices and strategies
- Move lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 50 pounds with assistance
- Flexibility and ability to work nights and weekends
Compensation based on experience.
Grimm Artisanal Ales is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, military status or any other category protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Grimm Artisanal Ales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Grimm’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you’d like to apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.