Packaging Line Operator - 1st/2nd Shift
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job Classification: Full-Time (1st and 2nd shift rotating), Year-Round
Reports to: Packaging Line Manager
Pay Rate: Hourly based on experience
Benefits: Available Health Insurance including Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, QPI Program Eligible after completion of 90-day Introductory Period; Retirement plan – Eligible after 1 year of employment
Tröegs Brewing Company is a family-owned company with a perpetual curiosity for making great beer. We look for co-workers who share our uncompromising vision. We value highly-skilled people who can get along with others and maintain a positive working environment.
The Packaging Line Operator will be adept at working in all packaging line stations – filler, box shop/depalletizer, palletizer, case packer, forklift and kegging line. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a production/manufacturing environment, along with an impeccable eye to detail and high level of work area cleanliness. The Packaging Line Operator must master all packaging stations, and be able to work closely with quality and maintenance departments to insure the packaging line runs efficiently with minimum downtime.
Daily Duties, Functions, Responsibilities:
- Arrive at work on time and be ready to package at the designated starting time.
- Perform and master daily start-up and clean-up procedures on all packaging stations.
- Work closely with and gain a clear functional understanding of packaging machinery.
- Work closely with maintenance techs to assist in diagnosis of equipment issues.
- Perform daily cleaning on all equipment in each packaging station during run time.
- Keep accurate daily production records per brewery requirements.
- Work within company-established safety standards.
- Work in a team environment and be able to meet daily production goals.
- Be courteous and professional with team members.
Skills and attributes necessary for this position:
- Trade school or technical school background preferred but not required.
- Strong mechanical skills with prior manufacturing/production experience.
- Ability to work well independently and with a team (often in close physical proximity).
- Ability to multi-task and reduce line downtime to an absolute minimum.
- Forklift certification is required. (Will train)
- Must be able to lift 32 pounds repeatedly during an 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to handle 200 pound kegs for transport to pallets.
- Ability to get to work on time to keep a production schedule.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
Tröegs Brewing Company is a climate –controlled brewing and packaging facility. The following is a representative list of what a co-worker might encounter during a typical work day:
- Hot water,
- Pressurized vessels, and
- Loud working areas.
Co-workers regularly handle hazardous materials and regularly come in contact with broken glass and wet floors while working in close proximity to moving mechanical parts.
40 hour work week with occasional overtime.
1st shift - 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
2nd shift - 3:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Phone calls will not be accepted. If we feel you are potential candidate, we will call you
Troegs Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Troegs Brewing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Troegs Brewing Company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.