This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Founders Brewing Co., we continually challenge ourselves into places that most won’t go. We strive to be unique, to break barriers and challenge what is commonly accepted as the “norm.” It’s this mindset that has created our culture here at Founders and lead us all to a lifestyle of no regrets. Why can’t we become who we choose to become?
Our collective goal is to be one of the most highly recognized and successful breweries in the United States.
An important part of reaching this goal is by recruiting, hiring and retaining unique individuals from a variety of backgrounds possessing broad and diverse skill sets. Quite simply, we believe that these people make the world a better place – and Founders a better company.
Our work community is made up of dedicated employees that bring their best to work every day to make the most delicious beer on the planet. To continually strive for greatness, it is essential for us to have a team that reflects the diverse communities we love, serve and to whom we raise our glasses.
We believe in fostering an atmosphere of empowerment and where every Founders team member can belong…bringing their full, authentic selves to work each and every day. It’s the Founders way. Sound interesting? If so, take the next step in becoming a member of the Founders team by checking out our open positions below.
Excellent benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Floating Holidays, Employee Discount, and much more!
The Door Security staff will greet Taproom guests and check their IDs as they enter our Taproom while ensuring entrances and exits are secure by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be the first point of contact for all Taproom guests. Project a welcoming demeanor and enthusiastically greet all guests as they enter the Taproom.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Founders’ culture, products, and the Taproom layout. Be able to effectively communicate that information to our customers.
- Answer customer questions kindly and patiently.
- Keep a watchful eye on the patrons inside the Taproom and in the Beer Garden for drunkenness, propensity to start a fight, stealing, vandalism, etc.
- Escort problematic patrons outside of the Taproom and Beer Garden.
- Call taxis for customers as needed.
- Demonstrate understanding of Michigan law as it pertains to the sale of alcohol:
- Obtain or provide ServSafe Alcohol Certificate.
- Discreetly communicate with Servers and MODs of patrons who appear intoxicated/problematic.
- Utilize a radio and headset during each shift, adhering to radio etiquette/protocol.
- Check the bathroom for contingencies.
- Ensure the safety of performers/artists.
- Accurately handle money for cover charge shows.
- Understand how to operate exterior heaters & alarmed gates in the Beer Garden.
- Maintain cleanliness outside the Front Door during the evening hours.
- Accompany staff members to their vehicles at night upon request.
- Assist with snow or ice removal in the Beer Garden, on the Porch, and/or surrounding sidewalks as needed.
- Regularly check email, Break Room white board, and Employee Blog for important updates.
- Close down and secure the Taproom at the end of the night.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Has high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to take initiative to identify, report, and resolve problems before they escalate. Prior bar/restaurant experience is preferred as well as the ability to have a flexible schedule to work days, nights, and weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 75 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Founders Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of Founders
These principles reflect the ethos and culture of Founders that has developed organically since the brewery’s early days. They are guidelines for decision-making, problem solving and other actions, for all members of the ever-growing Founders Family. We are all brand ambassadors, representing this brewery and one another, and we wanted to document what has made us strong thus far as we continue on our journey.
Your application has been successfully submitted.