Taproom Shift Lead - Monday Night Preservation Society
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Monday Night Brewing is an award-winning craft brewery based out of Atlanta, with a distribution footprint across Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee. We currently operate two taprooms in Atlanta, GA, a taproom in Birmingham, AL and soon a taproom in Nashville, TN. In our tenth year of operation, we are proud to produce a vast portfolio—spanning from small batch New England IPAs to barrel-aged stouts, approachable kettle sours to mixed culture ambers, hop-forward West Coast IPAs to craft hard seltzers.
Monday Night Preservation Society (Nashville, TN) is seeking Shift Leaders to join our tight knit, growing team in our taproom. Rated by our coworkers as one of the AJC’s Best Places to Work, we pride ourselves on living out our core values and fulfilling our purpose: deepening relationships over some of the best beer in the country. This is a full-time position, available immediately, to help oversee all aspects of our taproom. Our full-time coworkers receive benefits including medical, prescription, vision, dental and paid time off.
Who You Are
- An enthusiastic, people person who loves to exceed customer expectations by delivering exceptional service.\
- An experienced bar or restaurant professional with a passion for craft beer and customer engagement.
- A nimble team player with a high sense of urgency who values taking ownership and contributing to the team’s success.
Sound like you? We hoped so.
Our Beer Program
- Named #3 Best Brewery in the Country by Beer Connoisseur (2019 & 2020)
- Named #2 Best Brewery in the Country by U.S. Open Beer Championship (2020)
- Took three Gold medals and one Silver medal in U.S. Open Beer Championship (2020)
- Took a Gold, Silver and Bronze medal at Great American Beer Fest (2017)
- General Manager, Matthew Henderson
- Serve as the ambassador to our guests and the frontline representative for all guest needs.
- Responsible for the opening and/or closing checklists for the bar, dining, common areas and patio
- Assist with coworker on-boarding and development
- Maximize and grow taproom revenue (food, alcohol, and merchandise)
- Understand and abide by federal, state, and local food and alcohol regulations
- Responsible for daily opening and/or closing tasks of bar, dining, common areas and patio. Ensure bars are stocked with clean glassware, supplies, alcohol, and fresh beer
- Responsible to ensure drinks are prepared and served as instructed, including correct recipe and proper measurement
- Ensure all aspects of the taproom are clean and tidy including seating areas, restrooms, bar areas, patios, parking lot etc.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of the POS system
- Responsible for daily cash reconciliation and bank deposit
- Responsible for conducting a coworker pre-shift meeting to inform coworkers of new products, promotions, specials and out of stock issues
- Responsible to assist with coworker training including knowledge of our beers, menu items, guest service expectations, and understanding and abiding by federal, state and local food and alcohol regulations
- Follow guidelines to ensure quality of the taproom experience including music selection and volume, video display, and games, etc
- Maintain, update and print beer and bar menus
- Working closely with taproom General Manager to complete any tasks needed
Contribute to the Guest Experience
- Ensure we execute high level guest experience, including ensuring products are prepared to specification, delivery of food and beverages to guests at appropriate times, follow up with guests and coworkers.
Contribute to Inventory Management
- Ensure storage areas are organized, cleaned, with items labelled
- Periodic inventory counting
- Utilize FIFO inventory method for all inventory items
- Must be 21+
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in high volume environment
- Some supervisory experience is a plus
- Ability to lead people demonstrating our Monday Night values
- Dynamic, action-oriented team player that is self-motivated and good problem-solving ability
- Hospitality mindset
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and guests both written and verbal
- Ability to comprehend and react to financial performance in operations, basic math skills
- Flexible working schedule, primarily weekends and evenings
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Optional, But Not Required
- Has experienced close encounter with extraterrestrial
- Prefers Spam over cocktail franks
- Positive client reviews
- Execution of SOPs
- Health insurance with the ability to add family members. Monday Night will pay approximately 75% of employee premiums and 50% of family premiums.
- Dental and Vision coverage options, Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage options, Life Insurance Options
- 10 days Paid Time Off (vacation, personal, or sick days)
- 8 Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Basic 401k plan after completion of 250 hours of service
- 50% off package sales and merchandise
- Unlimited draft beers during non-work hours for you and a guest
- Weekly beer stipend
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Monday Night Brewing grew out of a small Bible study turned homebrewery. We exist to deepen relationships over some of the best beer in the country, and we filter all our decisions through this lens. Find out more about our award-winning selection of beers and incredible team at www.mondaynightbrewing.com.
Monday Night Brewing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, training, compensating, and promoting our coworkers regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, or any other protected class as required by applicable law. At Monday Night, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity found in the communities we serve. Inclusion is at the heart of why we started a brewery and echoed in our company’s purpose: “To deepen relationships over some of the best beer in the country.”
Your application has been successfully submitted.