Director of Human Resources
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About Bosque Brewing
Home is a feeling. To us, New Mexico feels like home, and we want others to experience that same feeling here. The natural beauty, diversity, and resources of this place has captured our hearts and we are proud to call it home. However, not everyone who lives here experiences that same feeling of welcome and belonging. The journey many take to seek their true identity can leave them feeling lonely, isolated, and without a place where they experience that feeling of home.
At Bosque, we believe that people need people, no matter where they are on their journey. We seek to cultivate that sense of welcome and belonging by bringing people together over the experience of sharing a great beer and eating a meal. The simple act of eating and drinking together builds community by helping us to see our similarities and grow in appreciation of our differences. It is comforting for people to know they are not alone on their journey. Their inclusion and sense of belonging to a greater community empowers them to give to and serve their community in return, resulting in a greater sense of personal fulfillment. New Mexico is an amazing place, and we want everyone to experience that feeling of home here.
Since opening our original taproom and brewery in 2012, we have established six taproom locations and have built a package and draft beer retail footprint in thousands of points of distribution across the state of New Mexico. With 250 current employees and new locations on the horizon, we are looking for a growth minded individual to join our senior leadership team as we embark on this next phase of our journey.
Responsible for development, execution, evaluation, and continuous improvement of the Human Resources (HR) and Payroll functions to support the overall business strategy and company culture. This role functions as both an advisor and tactical executor of the organization’s employment, employee relations, training, compensation and benefits administration, payroll, and policy/procedure administration activities.
- Employment: Performs and manages comprehensive and strategic recruiting, new hire orientation, onboarding, and retention plans to meet the needs of the company.
- Employee Relations: Actively collaborates with leadership to develop and execute initiatives to ensure a high level of engagement retention, and positive employee experiences.
- Advises managers on appropriate handling of employee relations issues, disputes and administration of performance counseling actions when necessary.
- Policies and Handbook: Through collaboration with executives, creates, establishes, recommends, and administers HR related policies and procedures that support Bosque Brewing Co.’s mission/values/culture and business operations objectives and demonstrate best industry practices. Interprets and communicates with managers and employees regarding Employee Manual content.
- Compensation and Benefits: Administers employee benefits programs, including but not limited to tracking new hire benefits eligibility, enrollment in group insurance plans, answering claims questions, and coordinating open enrollment and COBRA notifications. Works with broker regarding annual insurance renewal process.
- Develops and implements comprehensive compensation and benefits programs that are competitive in our industry and cost-effective for the company.
- Ensures maximum utilization of available federal/state workforce development programs to include, but is not limited to: Job Training Incentive Program (JTIP); and Workforce Improvement Opportunity Act (WIOA).
- Payroll: Manages and oversees bi-weekly payroll processing, including timely and accurate payroll delivery. Project manages all quarterly reconciliation and year-end payroll activities.
- Employment Law: Assures that company employment, personnel and equal opportunity policies and practices comply with applicable provisions of federal and state labor laws. Proactively works to protect the company’s assets, assess risk, and reduce liabilities.
- Training: Identifies areas within the company where additional HR and compliance training is needed. Independently develops and conducts training on a consistent and pre-determined schedule.
- Provides coaching and support to senior leaders and various leadership styles and development of their teams.
- Other: Responsible for implementation and management of the company human resource information system (HRIS) that meets the organization’s information and compliance needs.
- Identifies HR metrics to support the accomplishment of the company’s strategic direction and business plans.
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A successful applicant will be capable of working as a part of a team, and will have demonstrated success at building consensus, and will prioritize designing policies and processes to support the business needs
- Strong communication (verbal and written), including ability to speak confidently before senior management and the entire company
- Ability to effectively receive, process, and utilize relevant information from departments with expertise in specific business functions that effect HR functions and vice versa
- Ability to collaborate, partner with, and support all business functions and departments with overall business strategy and goals in mind
- Strong strategic thinking, planning, and execution skills
- Strong organizational and tracking skills; detail orientation and follow through
- Ability to interface effectively with management, employees, and applicants for employment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, high trust level, and maintain confidential information
- Resilient and highly flexible; demonstrates the ability to change directions quickly based on the specific information at hand
- Creative thinker who brings grounded HR expertise and perspective
- Strong Word and Excel skills required; computer literacy
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR management (or related field). PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification is preferred
- 5 to 10 years of progressive human resources experience is required. Well-rounded exposure to Human Resources Management and/or HR Generalist functions is necessary including a strong knowledge and understanding of employment laws
- Experience managing direct reports (may have 1-2 direct reports)
- Experience working with people who have cognitive and physical disabilities a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.