This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Kitchen Manager (KM) is responsible for the overall operations of the kitchen to ensure they meet operating and financial goals of the kitchen. Daily activities focus on the functional operations of the kitchen including staff management, revenue/cost control, safety, cleanliness and sanitation, and food quality. This position is directly responsible for overseeing food preparation, ordering supplies, scheduling shifts, and monitoring inventory levels within their kitchen. Bosque Brewing expects the Kitchen Manager to “own” their kitchen operations and partner with their General Manager to ensure the success of their location, including maintaining knowledge of the front-of-house (FOH) steps of service and on occasion actively manage the location when the General Manager is not available.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Enthusiastically represent the Bosque Brewing Co. brand, beverages, and company values by engaging in positive gestures of respect, courtesy and kindness to internal and external guests consistent with Bosque Brewing Co. values and expectations.
- Display a sense of urgency and attention to detail by anticipating the guests’ needs and responding appropriately.
- Ensure the profitability of the location by operating within established guidelines and requirements for labor, COGS, and controllable costs to produce both short-term and long-term profitability of the kitchen operations. Create coworker schedules as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are properly staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met. Approves/denies shift exchanges and special scheduling requests.
- Responsible for conducting weekly/monthly inventories (BOH) ensuring par levels are kept consistent. Communicates shortages/surplus amounts promptly and accurately to location management. Create order lists.
- Develop, test, document, and implement location menu, maintain F&B Manual to include photos of plating, line specifications, and recipe guides which reflect food quality production, portion, cost control, while conforming to State Health Department Codes. Partner with identified stakeholders for testing and approval of special and/or seasonal menu items, including ensuring proper communication of menu changes to meet graphic and print deadlines.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development, training, execution, and measurement of performance standards within the kitchen operations, consistent with Bosque Brewing’s values and expectations. May, on occasion, act as person in charge of the location (FOH and BOH) when the General Manager is unavailable or not present.
- Responsible for training Kitchen Shift Leads on scheduling/cutting practices, opening/closing duties, inventory and order lists, required reports, updating POS buttons and item inventory status, and kitchen management responsibilities.
- Ensure all BOH coworkers are adequately trained on preparation and production of year-round and specialty food menus, kitchen stations, POS system, SOP’s, inventory duties as assigned, cleaning and side work responsibilities.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate up-to-date knowledge about Bosque Brewing Co. beverages, proper beer pouring techniques, steps of service, and food served at the location, including specific ingredients that are commonly associated with either food allergies or specific dietary needs. Ensure all coworkers can clearly, accurately, and passionately describe menu offerings and Bosque Brewing’s beers to guests.
- Responsible for communicating side work assignments to coworkers and ensuring checklists and side work is completed before coworkers clock out. Inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Maintain a clean, friendly and welcoming environment by ensuring sanitation standards and practices are being followed. Keep all refrigeration, storage, and working areas in a clean, working condition. Ensure all coworkers diligently follow statutory hygiene requirements.
- Accountable for kitchen organization, sanitation practices, and overall cleanliness, including scheduling regular maintenance and cleaning. Serves as backup to General Manager as POC for maintenance vendors and schedules preventative maintenance as needed.
- Properly identifies, stocks, and dates prepped products and takes an active role in quality control of all food items. Maintains knowledge of all product/inventory in freezers and coolers, and assists in ensuring that all product/inventory are properly rotated to maintain freshness.
- Partner with Human Resources and other administrative departments to manage coworker actions and responsibilities to include:Creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, accountability, performance feedback, recognition, and mutual respect.
- Conducts quality hiring and training that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
- Execute timely processing of all coworker-related actions, including status, pay, and position changes using established procedures and systems.
- Reviews coworker time entry to ensure accuracy of bi-weekly payroll reports, reporting discrepancies to the General Manager and/or payroll department as needed.
- Conducts coaching and counseling actions for coworkers, ensuring the accountability of all location coworkers and enforcing policies and procedures. Requests termination of employment of employees when applicable.
- Produce food orders in a timely, neat and organized manner according to the needs of the guest.Actively controls product costs by ensuring the proper management of product waste.
- Perform daily prep and/or food production by operating a variety of kitchen equipment; measures and mixes ingredients, washes, peels, cuts and dices products while ensuring the highest safety standards.
- Maintain an organized work station and produce required quantities according to the demands of the station. Setup and stock stations with necessary supplies.
- Pursue and cultivate clear and open lines of communication with the GM regarding upcoming menu items, overall performance of the kitchen, areas for improvement in the BOH and expectations between FOH and BOH coworkers, etc. Ensure communication is passed across the organization from management to every coworker in the location.Work with the General Manager and administrative coworkers for the coordination for all special events hosted in the location.
- Independently identify issues that may directly affect the quality of the guest’s experience and take steps towards addressing the concerns with solutions that parallel Bosque Brewing Co.'s values and expectations.Assist co-workers in resolving guest issues with efficiency and a courteous attitude.
- Informs the General Manager of all guest issues or complaints.
- Prepares all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Develops and maintains functional procedures, work instructions, and training checklists related to position duties.
- Complies with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Supports coworkers and departments with tasks and project-based work. Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- High school Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience is required. Course certification from an accredited culinary program is preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in varied kitchen positions including but limited to food preparation, line cook, or expediter. Ability to apply cooking techniques to produce creative food dishes. (i.e.: knife skills, carving skills, basic sauces, etc.)
- At least one (1) year of supervisory or management experience preferred in the food service industry. Demonstrated experience in scheduling and staffing required.
- Possess a Cicerone Certified Beer Server certification or the ability to successfully pass the Cicerone Certified Beer Server test within a timeframe outlined by Bosque Brewing Co.
- Ability to mentor and work as a leader of a team, ability to work in high stress situations. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, multiple tasks, and changing conditions. The ability to think on your feet and adapt, flexibility is key.
- Ability to interact professionally, with civility, and effectively with coworkers and the general public. Must possess solid interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines without direct supervision as well as the ability to create systems of organization for others.
- Must possess basic financial skills. Proven ability to process financial transactions, make and count correct change, and balance cash drawers.
- Proficient use in Microsoft (Excel, Word) and Google Documents/Forms required. Ability to track inventory using a spreadsheet and perform basic data entry with strict attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of POS Systems, specifically Toast is highly preferred.
- Prior experience with or ability to learn scheduling software (Hot Schedules).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to create systems of organization for others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English) with the ability to effectively listen to and understand others.
- Ability to present self in a professional, pleasant, and well-groomed manner.
- Ability to move kegs and operate a hand truck.
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to possess and maintain a valid New Mexico Alcohol Server License and Food Safety Manager Certification.
- Ability to adhere to company and department rules, policies and procedures.
Physical Demands / Work Environment & Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job: the employee is continuously (90-100%) required to: balance, stand, and walk; use repetitive motion of hands to reach, grasp, hold, handle, or feel; use repetitive motion of fingers to pick, pinch, and type; push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds of force to move objects; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of people, facilities, and food & beverages.
The employee is frequently (60-90%) required to: read, write, prepare/analyze data and monetary amounts; reach use hand-eye coordination; push, pull, and lift up to 35 pounds of force to move objects.
The employee is occasionally (30-60%) required to: climb using step-stools; stoop or crouch.
The employee is rarely (0-30%) required to: climb using ladders; sit; push, pull, and lift up to 50+ pounds of force to move objects.
The employee is subject to indoor environmental conditions; activities occur mainly inside, mostly in a kitchen environment. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns. Work frequently in hot and cold temperatures, such as when working near ovens or retrieving food from freezers. Employees are required to wear protective and safety attire, such as non-slip shoes and gloves. Activities are performed physically near and in close proximity to others. The employee is subject to a noisy and distracting environment. There is sufficient noise to cause an employee to speak loudly in order to be heard above ambient noise level. May work near contaminants and hazardous equipment. Employees may be required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
- Dental and Vision benefits available for all employees
- Medical benefits for full-time employees (average 30+ hours per week)
- Eligible employees are allowed a free 32 oz. growler after each work shift, as well as one monthly 64 oz. growler
- Discounted merch available
Your application has been successfully submitted.