Sr. Manufacturing & Process Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Full Sail Brewery Sr. Manufacturing & Process Engineer, Manager forges a path to and develops a production-wide mindset of lean & systems manufacturing and process improvement. Identifies, evaluates, develops, designs, and implements improvements, projects, optimizations, process changes, and new technologies to achieve increased productivity, enhanced production flexibility and capacity, improved quality, safer operations, and improved compliance. Executes projects that include specifying, selecting, buying, building, installing, and commissioning equipment and/or working with partners to source, install, commission and operate solutions. Provides daily support to the Brewing, Packaging, Operations and Maintenance teams to ensure all aspects of production are operating correctly. This position is ideal for someone who is comfortable working in dynamic, sometimes unstructured start-up environment who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves and support all aspects of the business as unique projects and the development of scalable process and structure will be an ongoing aspect of the role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop, implement and manage a comprehensive systems and lean manufacturing engineering program across all operations through a lifecycle methodology.
- Develop, implement and manage a comprehensive reliability and proactive maintenance program across all operations to ensure maximum uptime, productivity and labor efficiency.
- Develop and implement supporting facilities, equipment, MRO, spare parts lifecycle, vendors, ABC inventory management program, documentation, systems and operations. Drive to a preventative maintenance capability.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partner with finance to develop and implement strategy, assess need and plan and deploy capital to support above.
- Work closely with operating department customers to design improvements to improve efficiencies, safety, productivity & labor utilization.
- Partner with others and/or directly drive the part, machine and operator proficiency, efficiency, availability and consistency of the production lines to minimize shift and production variance and ensure enhanced productivity and margin through process and projects implemented.
- Manage and execute projects related to brewing, packaging, and quality processes (milling, conveying, mashing, brewing, cleaning, fermentation, kegging, bottling, labeling, canning, packaging, palletizing, and water/wastewater operations) across the entire lifecycle (install, commission, controls, instrumentation, SCADA/MES/ERP).
- Prepare supporting scope definition, capital cost estimates, operating cost savings, investment justifications (ROI), and cost value analyses and scope of work/contracts for outside engineering firms and contractors.
- Manage and supervise these related partner work, schedules, work quality, and performance.
- Applies various programming languages necessary for utilizing the SCADA system including programming PLCs (programmable logic controllers) and the software (Ignition) used as an interface.
- Specifies, programs, diagnoses, repairs, and tunes Distributed Control Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System, and Computer Based Monitoring and Controls Systems.
- Develop schedules, work break down structures, deliverables, budget and resource plans. Develop the scope of assigned projects and execute projects on-schedule and under budget.
- Develops /reviews technical documents (e.g., blueprints, schematics, P&IDs, etc.) to limit change orders and costs. Works with consultants, engineers and contractors, manages change, designs systems, plans installations, oversees construction, commissioning, and placing new systems, equipment, improvements into operations.
- Assist Production and Maintenance Departments in repairing technical problems during production operations by troubleshooting, identifying and repairing it quickly. Raise maintenance team skillset, workflow and competency.
- Provide technical support to the operation.
- Effectively manage multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Prioritize workload to ensure maximum business effectiveness is achieved.
- Assist in achieving department KPIs, business and production goals.
- Work with the brewery management team to lead process improvement initiatives.
- Mentors/coaches all personnel within the department related to improvements/projects or support under this person’s responsibility.
- Over time, develop standardized programs, KPIs/metrics and reports to ensure process operating performance, ongoing improvements, risk identification, visibility and closed loop learning (e.g., training) that result in improved reliability, capacity, efficiency, productivity, uptime and safety. Develop operational performance dashboards to report on health of the systems.
- Troubleshoot systems as required. Perform failure analysis and implement preventive methods to improve performance. Ensure alarms and controls identify and resolve issues systemically.
- Be a focal point among teams to represent and resolve capacity or other constraints, ensuring dependent teams’ incorporate into their own plans.
- Seek out all opportunities to eliminate waste, improve sustainability and heighten team safety, comradery and fun.
- Supervise maintenance and engineering resources.
- Drive and/or support the planning and execution of reviews and present in key forums to support the above.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering. Certifications, licenses and registrations (e.g., PE) a bonus.
- At least 7-10 years of directly related experience and demonstrated results in developing and deploying capital, managing complex engineering projects in a manufacturing environment. Direct experience in food, beverage, brewing or related process industries delivering capital programs (including heavy construction projects), reducing OPEX/CAPEX and driving safety and quality programs such as HAACP preferred. Experience with brewhouse, cellar and packaging equipment is preferred.
- Must have experience using engineering, software engineering, manufacturing engineering and reliability toolsets such as CAD, SCADA (Ignition preferred), PLCs (AB or Siemens preferred), controls hardware, etc.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with CMMS, ERP, MES production and inventory management systems developing and driving change adoption of them into the standard operations.
- Experience using Reliability tools such as Pareto analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), and Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Effective demonstration of analytical skills, change management, financial acumen and development and use of tools to manage large capital budgets and reporting.
- 3-5 years of team supervisory and management experience.
- Solid grasp of release, product and project management in a complex, high volume (project, program) environment.
- Demonstrated experience in lean manufacturing, lean6α, QMS and ISO. PMP certification, PMI equivalent credential/training and blackbelt or greenbelt certification desired.
- Entrepreneurial, astute, and has a passion for getting into the details where appropriate to make effective decisions and drive results but also recognizing when good enough is to avoid analysis paralysis.
- Big picture thinker, strategic, but able to distill functions and business interactions into tactical/detailed process and workflows in order to drive improvements and efficiency gains.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite. Proficiency with project management tools including AutoCAD, Microsoft Project. Demonstrated experience and familiarity with CMMS, MES and ERP systems developing and driving change adoption of them into the standard operations. SAP or Microsoft Dynamics AX, preferred ERP experience.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple projects, prioritize effectively, and execute successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- An effective and persuasive communicator with outstanding presence and presentation skills that constantly strives for simplicity and clarity
- Strong leadership, team member, and staff/team development and motivation skills.
- Occasional travel required to support projects.
Your application has been successfully submitted.