This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Packaging Supervisor reports to the Production Manager and will be expected to oversee and lead all site-specific packaging operations both technically and from a people management standpoint. As Packaging Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring all packaging processes are running at the highest efficiency while not sacrificing quality. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned operator to lead a team in achieving very ambitious but critical goals. This is an integral role and well suited for a leader who has initiative, can get up to speed on our culture and processes quickly, takes pride in minor details, and understands their impact when considered as a collective whole in the brewery. The job is not without challenges, including, but not limited to schedule changes, last minute packaging additions, and changes to packaging formats - day-to-day flexibility is a must. This is a hands-on job that entails repetitive work and long hours on your feet.
It’s a great time to join the team to be a part of our growth to come. We are expanding and we continue to build on this creative, eclectic endeavor in our new, state-of-the-art facilities and we couldn’t be more excited and grateful for what’s ahead. The position is FULL-TIME and will be based in Charlton, MA and will include workdays in our other facilities.
As a Packaging Supervisor, you will be responsible for the following:
- Packaging beer according to the brew schedule and per the Head Brewer & Production Manager
- Training, scheduling, hiring, motivating, and developing Packaging Team members; providing leadership and taking responsibility for performance of the Packaging Team and holding team members accountable for their performance, productivity, morale, and attitude
- Balance packaging responsibilities with leadership and management duties and manage packaging staff through continuous constructive review and feedback
- Improving production efficiencies and yield
- Ensuring change overs, can reloads, and sku changes happen quickly and efficiently
- Ensuring beer quality is maintained throughout the packaging process
- Developing and maintaining SOPs for safety, CIP, and packing operations
- Proficient understanding of running packaging equipment and machinery, including future upgrades
- Working with the Director of Maintenance to ensure preventative maintenance is being completed
- Working with the Operations Manager and Head Brewer to ensure that proper cans/labels are available prior to packaging
- Proficient understanding of Dissolved Oxygen in packaged beer and how to continuously improve to limit/ eliminate it
- Understanding production systems and diagnoses sources of machine failure to make necessary repairs and adjustments
- Working closely with other brewers and team members to achieve desired quality and production targets
- Communicating clearly and effectively across departments in order to achieve company goals
- Completing tasks in accordance with company standard operating procedures and guidelines
- Following all safety procedures
- Keeping accurate daily activity records in company systems
- Assisting with identifying materials that need to be ordered, inventory oversight and awareness
- Sweat the small stuff- pay meticulous attention to detail
- Three or more years’ experience in brewery and beverage production in a highly automated manufacturing
- Minimum of two years in a professional leadership/supervisory role
- Experience and ability to safely operate a forklift and scissor lift.
- Strong technical understanding of machinery and sanitation
- Experience in quality control and other protocols
- Ability to work early, long hours with flexibility and the ability to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary to ensure product delivery
- You are self-motivated and able to work autonomously, with a focused and hard working attitude
- Ability to multitask and work coolly and professionally in time sensitive situations
- Must have good communication skills with the ability to both receive feedback and offer ideas
- You are not afraid to speak your mind
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and/or pivot plans quickly in order to coordinate corrective actions needed
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to push, pull, bend, and lift in excess of 50 lbs. as necessary to perform required tasks as assigned throughout the workday
Benefits and Perks:
- Health Insurance covered in full by Tree House effective the 1st of the month following your start date
- Dental Insurance covered in full by Tree House (for single employee coverage) effective the 1st of the month following your start date
- 401K + 50% Employer Match up to 6% of participant’s contribution, eligible after 60 days of employment
- Generous PTO including vacation, personal, sick, and paid holidays
- Merch and Beer credits and then some
- Annual Wellness reimbursement
- Consistent reviews to assess progress and your own personal happiness
- Options to participate in killer team/company sponsored events
- Culture! You will work in an environment of driven & intelligent people who have a good time and are constantly striving to improve
At Tree House, we work as a team and we work very hard. . . with purpose and intent. We do not cut corners and we do not take the easy route. We encourage dissent, critical thinking, and an ongoing desire to improve. Our goal is to make the best beverages in the world and serve it in the most friendly and memorable environment possible - that is our obsession, and that is what drives us to do what we do.
Thanks for reading! To be considered, follow the link to apply and include your resume, cover letter, and references within your cover | No phone calls.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.