This job is no longer accepting applications.
This position is responsible for the execution and accurate, timely and hospitable delivery of menu items while managing and maintaining server and expeditor areas in the kitchen. Completes final plating and dressing of all menu items. Ensures that all menu item preparation, plating, and presentations upholds brand standards, ensures that the customer’s experience is of the highest quality through a warm, caring, and sincere approach in meeting the needs of each customer and employee.
- Ensure that all brand standards regarding quality, food preparation, presentation, food safety and timeliness are upheld at all times without exception.
- Liaises and supports positive communication between kitchen and service staff even during high-volume business times.
- Able to prioritize and execute strong time management skills during high-volume and high-pressure workplace environments.
- Extend friendliness, warmth and hospitality to all guests and staff members at all times.
- Responsible for coordinating efforts of both the restaurant and kitchen personnel to provide a dining experience that exceeds guest's expectations.
- Ensure expeditor station is setup at beginning of shift and clean and well stocked at shift end.
- Engage with the guest to help them feel welcome and attended to.
- Demonstrate product knowledge and use salesmanship skills in answering customer’s questions and making recommendations regarding:
- Menu and daily food specials
- Promotional and/or special programs
- Company beer selections, specials and their varying qualities while demonstrating the ability to make recommendations based on guest tastes and preferences
- Observe diners to ensure that guests are satisfied with the food and service, inform service staff of additional requests or potentials concerns.
- Ensure all menu items, sauces and condiments are properly accounted for prior to delivery to guest.
- Performs all assigned side work.
- Perpetually stocks expeditor station throughout beginning, during and end of shift.
- Demonstrates leadership and teamwork while working respectfully with all team members.
- Communicate clearly while demonstrating willingness to help all team members.
- Provide safe workplace environment for all staff members.
- Provide harassment free workplace of all staff members.
- Protect consumer health with strict adherence to all sanitary and safe food handling mandates and practices.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge in the liquor laws and works in compliance with those laws.
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees.
- Ability to read and write to facilitate communication.
- Ability to workdays, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to be reliable and available to work scheduled shifts to ensure floor coverage.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Skill in strong organization and multi-tasking responsibilities remaining calm under pressure.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 50 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Full-Time/Part-Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Supervisor: Restaurant Manager on Duty
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED Required
Minimum Certification: Current Food Handler’s Permit
Current Alcohol Certification
Minimum Experience: 1 Year
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: N/A
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Computer, Beer draught system
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.