Sales Representative San Diego
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Duvel Moortgat USA is internationally recognized as a leader in the high-end beer segment. The Duvel Moortgat family includes Duvel USA, Boulevard Brewing Company, and Brewery Ommegang. Our beers and cocktails are built by our people, who are bound together by a devotion to our products and customers.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and 401k Retirement Plan with 10% match.
We are currently seeking a Sales Representative with emphasis on the metro market of San Diego, California. The portfolio this role will represent includes Boulevard Brewing Company, Brewery Ommegang and Duvel Imports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the implementation of all sales and marketing programs for the entire portfolio (Duvel Imports, Boulevard Brewing Co, and Brewery Ommegang)
- Motivate distributor sales force to achieve sales objectives
- Focus on selling products and/or upgrading number of product lines across distribution channels
- Identify accounts that are not being penetrated with Duvel USA products and develop a plan to establish business with such accounts
- Conduct wait-staff / bartender educations, beer tastings and beer dinners
- Ensure proper merchandising of on- and off-premise accounts
- Plan and execute on-premise promotions as permitted (note: evenings; weekend festivals)
- Develop and maintain close relationships with key accounts both on and off-premise.
- Work with local distributors to increase brand awareness and consumption
- Be responsible for the allocation and use of point-of-sale materials
- Collect data (e.g. pricing, distribution) as required
- Compile and submit reports required for the sales division
- Operate effectively within corporate and budgetary guidelines
- Track and monitor progress in all identified accounts
- Observe all state and federal laws pertaining to the sale, merchandising and promotion of malt beverages
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- One to two years malt beverage experience, preferably with at least one year at a wine or beer distributor
- Ability to interface with various levels of management, at wholesale as well as retail
- Self-motivation and ability to work with limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to speak in front of large groups, conduct trainings/promotions
- Strong work ethic; demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities
- An intense competitive spirit with an assertive, confident personality
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results
- Strong judgment and professional maturity
- Excellent problem solving skills; mathematically proficient
- Willingness to travel overnight and a good driving record
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.