This job is no longer accepting applications.
Faubourg Brewing Co is searching for a passionate, creative team player to manage the day to day events and retail programming activities at its state-of-the-art brewery and taproom in New Orleans East. Faubourg was founded as Dixie Brewing in 1907 and is the oldest operating brewery in New Orleans.
Our Events Manager is a key role responsible for the planning, organization and day-to-day management of all private and public events, taproom programming, groups and space bookings at the brewery. The Faubourg brewery is a one-of-a-kind hospitality destination only 15 minutes from the French Quarter with a family-friendly atmosphere (pets too!), featuring an expansive 15-acre brew park with outdoor beer garden, a spacious taproom with on-site kitchen, private events spaces, brewery tours and more.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience across event sales and planning and execution of venue/space bookings towards revenue goals. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are a must as well as relishing working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. This position works as a key member of the marketing and retail teams and reports to the Vice President of Marketing.
- Set vision for and manage the day-to-day programming and entertainment at the brewery, including the management of budgets, talent, and vendor relationships.
- Proactively network and reach out to companies, hospitality booking professionals and prospective clients to sell private event packages and group tours.
- Manage all event preparations and be on-site during events to ensure a great visitor experience. Coordinate additional third party vendors and partners as required within budget.
- Use creative expertise and skillset to provide management with ideas and formal proposals for design of programming, events, and the marketing and promotion of these activities to the public.
- Build menus with catering partners and clients to customize and ensure a best-in-class foodservice experience for guests.
- Prepare pricing proposals and negotiate with clients as needed.
- Coordinate all special requests and service requests for events, including requests related to catering, signage, displays, audio visual needs, decorations, etc.
- Establish processes for ensuring smooth communication internally with all retail staff, management, and other stakeholders, as needed.
- Conduct post-event evaluations to gain feedback from customers and discover ways to continually improve our offerings and the client’s experience
- Maintain detailed written records of all contracts, revenue and booking details, and provide summary of all events and reports to management on a monthly basis. Create and adapt reporting procedures for continuous improvement and return on investment.
- Other events, programming and administrative duties as requested as it relates to all event activities of the Faubourg Brewing Co.
- Directly manage Events Coordinator in the planning and execution of public and private events.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in event planning, entertainment programming and management and/or sales management.
- Proven track record working with caterers and/or in-house food service towards excellent client and guest reviews and satisfaction.
- Certificate or degree in Event Planning or Hospitality Management preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a flexible schedule. This position will require work on weekends, weekday evenings, etc. to accommodate client meeting times and manage events schedule and on-site entertainment.
- Proactive self-starter who is actively looking for ways to generate new business and retain clients who hold events at Faubourg.
- Excellent communications, planning, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and ability to create professional reports to present to clients and general management.
- Analytical aptitude; ability to present financial sales and show event revenue, sales data, etc.
- Understanding of and passion for the hospitality and/or beer industries is a plus.
- Passion and knowledge of local New Orleans music is a plus.
About Faubourg Brewing Company
Faubourg Brewing Company was founded as Dixie Brewing Company in New Orleans in 1907. Hurricane Katrina decimated the brewery in August of 2005, forcing the company to relocate production out of state until Tom and Gayle Benson, owners of the New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans, purchased a majority share of the business and restarted production at a new, state-of-the-art brewery in New Orleans East. Committed to making our home more united, strong and resilient for future generations, Dixie became Faubourg Brewing Company in 2020. The Faubourg Brewing Company is completely locally owned and not affiliated with any national or foreign brewing conglomerates. For more information on the future of Faubourg Brewing Company, visit www.faubourgbrewery.com or follow us on social media @faubourgbeer.
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Faubourg Brewing Company. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The Faubourg Brewing Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. Faubourg will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. Faubourg is committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.