This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Packaging Technician is responsible for several tasks, all with the goal of creating quality packaged product in bottles, cans, & kegs.
Full-Time Hourly, Non-exempt
Essential Job Functions
- Independently operates packaging equipment at various stations on the bottling, canning, and kegging lines according to protocol
- Operates forklift safely while moving packaging material and finished goods
- Stacks and palletizes finished product as needed
- Performs frequent quality line checks, and ensures all finished product is aligned with established quality standards
- Cleans equipment & performs daily sanitation tasks, keeping record on daily cleaning checklists
- Helps to maintain equipment in good working order by assisting with preventative maintenance tasks
- Completes required production paperwork accurately in a neat and timely manner
- Communicates openly with supervisor about downtime, mechanical issues, or quality concerns
- Understands and follows safety standards and wears all required PPE
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong work ethic
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to operate equipment safely and effectively
- Ability to multitask and maintain a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and contribute to positive work environment
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new procedures and skills
- Previous experience driving a forklift is preferred, and the ability to become forklift certified upon hire is required
- Previous experience with manufacturing and/or mechanical work a plus, but not required
- As this job is in a working manufacturing facility, the physical demands of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Standing for long periods of time
- Bending, twisting, reaching over your head & lifting up to 20lbs frequently and 50lbs occasionally
- High noise levels
- Working with hazardous chemicals
- Being around high-speed, moving equipment that may be potentially dangerous
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Packaging Tech in the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.