Market Development Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We Cultivate and Celebrate the experience of beer, business, people, and place.
To be the leader in crafting connections through beer and beyond.
This position is responsible for market growth in all of Highland’s Tennessee geography (home base in Knoxville) by managing our Distributor Partners and working to execute our Annual Business Plan in each market to achieve volume and distribution goals by delivering against assigned metrics including ad display execution, incentives, thematic promotions, and in-market partnerships and special events.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops, builds, and strengthens internal and external relationships
- Implements strategy and tactics to identify opportunities and develops plans to deliver volume and profitability goals in assigned geography
- Participates in development of Annual Business Plan and ensures progress against goals through concise and consistent communication with Distributor Partners including Monthly Updates and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Provides detailed follow up for all in-market activities including ad display execution, Distributor work-withs, channel focus, pricing surveys, quality audits, and promotions/special events
- Managing inventory to ensure that Highland’s beers are fresh and in proper rotation and executing seasonal transitions on our timeline
- Composure, flexibility, and adaptability are keys to excelling in a fast, challenging, and fun environment
- Champion for Highland’s world-class beer portfolio and our charitable and environmental programs
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of three years working with or managing Distributors in the beverage alcohol industry
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- VIP/Karma Notes/Encompass or similar applications
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task, attention to detail, and a driving passion for independent craft beer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, extreme attention-to-detail
- Working knowledge of major beer styles, including origins and flavor profiles
- Willingness to travel overnight is required (30-40%%)
Your application has been successfully submitted.