Content Creator & Social Media Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Content Creator & Media Coordinator is responsible for elevating the digital experience of Short’s Brewing Co and sister brands Starcut Ciders, Beaches Hard Seltzer, and Arcadia Brewing Co thru compelling visuals and copy.
The role will be responsible for creating and producing video and photos (for web, social, our e-store, and events), writing for social and web with clear CTAs, scheduling content and ad campaigns and responding to posts and online reviews. The ideal candidate will be social media-savvy with their finger on the pulse of current culture and trends and will work with the Creative Team to develop content and maintain brand voice and visual styles. Must be task-oriented and organized.
In addition, the Content Creator & Media Coordinator will assist with other marketing projects as assigned by the Creative & Marketing Manager.
This is an opportunity to elevate an iconic Michigan brand (and to help grow sister brands) that’s a little weird, a lot awesome, driven by innovation and creativity, and cares so hard.
Full-time, contract position for 120 days with the potential of full-time salary based on performance that reports to the Creative & Marketing Manager. Responding to social media within 24 hours is required, and there will be times where the Content Creator & Media Coordinator will be required to travel to and document events on nights and weekends.
- 2+ years professional experience
- Kickass social media accounts (Insta, TikTok, etc.)
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Video & photo editing capabilities and reel/portfolio
- Experience with studio lighting
- Confidence developing and presenting ideas to internal teams
- Demonstrated copywriting skills, and the ability to flex tone for different brands
- Deadline driven
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to travel to events on some nights and weekends to document experiences
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Social Media / Web (Short’s, Starcut, Beaches Hard Seltzer, Arcadia Brewing Co)
- Work with the creative department to plan and create content on a regular basis, identify opportunities for content creation.
- Cover Facebook and Instagram (and additional platforms, TBD) responding on weeknights/weekends
- Monitor Facebook and Instagram + others as needed, TBD
- Search out the "new" in the social media + craft beer and identify trends.
- Seek out and maintain influencer relationships and collaborative opportunities
- Contribute copy for sell sheets and other related print.
- Photo Editing / Video Editing
- Take and edit photos for, but not limited to, beer releases, merchandise, staff, lifestyle, and product shots, media, and events.
- Work on video projects as directed by the Creative & Marketing Manager, including beer information videos to send to distributors and beer release videos. Continue to learn and improve video skills.
- Work with the Creative & Marketing Manager to develop standards and best practices for photos and video quality standards and viral optimization.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extremely accurate and efficient at writing with the ability to flex tone for different brands
- Consistently communicate clearly with employees and consumers orally and in writing.
- Able to work well either alone and as part of a team.
- Very computer literate. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Mail (and related programs), Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Consistently attentive to all details within projects.
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel to on-location events or work from the various SBC locations between Elk Rapids and Bellaire as needed.
- Consistently carry 20 pounds and occasionally lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Occasional bending, stooping, pushing, lifting, kneeling, crawling, and reaching.
- Frequently reach with hands and arms.
- Climb stairs several times a day.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to sit for extended periods; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear.
Your application has been successfully submitted.