Canning Line Operator/Cellar Person
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job Summary: The Canning Line Operator/Cellar Person is primarily responsible for operating and maintaining the canning line and performing all aspects of cellaring. This position contributes problem-solving, mechanical operation oversight, quality assurance, consistency, efficiency and safety in the workplace.
- Effectively operate and monitor the canning line, including set-up, breakdown, SIP/CIP, pack-out, etc.
- Perform regular and thorough maintenance on all aspects of the canning line.
- Conduct frequent and thorough cleaning and sanitation of all necessary parts, equipment, workstations, etc.
- Successfully execute all aspects of cellaring.
- Contribute to a safe and healthy workplace environment by abiding by all safety protocols, including proper lifting and operation of a forklift.
- Inspect and ensure of effectiveness of CIP fermentation tanks, hoses, filters, and other equipment.
- Perform steps for clarifying beer, primarily through process of fining, and in some cases the operation of a plate and frame filter.
- Proper and timely execution of various maintenance tasks necessary, such as dry hop tanks and cleaning kegs.
- Ensure proper steps to carbonate beer to yield perfect taste of final product.
- Maintain effective communication with co-workers and management.
- Work with and report any mechanical issues to management.
- Effectively manage time to avoid backtracking and delay of tasks.
- Work independently and productively while still keeping open communication with others.
- Assist other employees when needed, to ensure successful completion of products and deadlines.
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
- Perform other duties as assigned or otherwise identified.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- At least 1 year of experience on a packaging line and cellaring is required
- Possess a mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and/or repair packaging equipment
- Forklift certification (training/certification may be provided)
- Clean driving record is required (DMV printout required)
- Business math and its application to brewing techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Personal emphasis on safety, quality and cleanliness in the workplace
- Effectively manage time while exercising strong organizational skills and self-disciplined/motivated work ethic
- Ability to relay information and ideas verbally and in writing so that others understand
- Listen and visualize to understand information and ideas that are presented
- Use of common sense in all daily activities
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Passion, enthusiasm and a positive outlook
- Creative and innovative team player
- Committed to excellence and high standards
- Exercises good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to navigate and problem solve situations that may arise in the brewery
- Effectively handle stress and pressure consistent with the job duties and the industry
Typical Working Environment:
Most work is performed indoors in a warehouse/brewery setting. Work environment includes moderate to loud noise levels, working alongside machinery and equipment as well as the use/operation of certain equipment. Subject to hot, cold, and wet conditions. Possible exposure to hazardous chemicals.
Forklift, Keg, Computer, Phone, other brewery equipment/tools
This position interacts with management, co-workers, vendors and customers. No supervision of others.
Constantly (over 66%) standing, walking, sitting, grasping/holding, talking and listening. Frequently (34-66%) lifting up to 20 lbs., reaching outward and overhead, walking on slippery surfaces, fine dexterity with hands, repetitive hand motion, feeling objects, kneeling, squatting, twisting and bending. Occasionally (1% - 33%) lifting up to 60 lbs., manipulate and/or move up to 160 lbs.
Hours of Work:
This position will work the hours necessary to meet the needs of the business and to complete necessary job duties. May include work during days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. Employee is authorized and permitted to take all meal and rest breaks in accordance with company policy, see employee Handbook.
Submit resume to email@example.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Management reserves the right to reassign and alter the job description as dictated by business necessity and evaluated reasonable accommodations.
Your application has been successfully submitted.