This job is no longer accepting applications.
Great Rhythm Brewing Company is seeking an individual to join our brewery team as a Cellar Person. The primary responsibility of the Cellar Person is to coordinate with the Brewing and Packaging teams to effectively manage and facilitate the processing of beer to meet the demands of the production schedule while maintaining Great Rhythm Brewing Company’s commitment to a consistent and quality product. This position requires 2+ years of working brewery experience. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in brewing fundamentals and a variety of experience. Direct experience with CIP and SIP of tanks and aseptically transferring beer is required.
- Monitor fermentation by reading and logging gravities, pH, yeast cell density, and temperature of beer daily
- Assist in the implementation and documentation of SOPs as they relate to cellar operations
- CIP and SIP fermenters and brite tanks
- Maintain and evaluate cleanliness and functionality of all gaskets, valves and tank fittings
- Aseptically transfer beer to brite tanks and aseptically transfer yeast to fermenters
- Perform assessment of fermenting beer for appropriate processing, including but not limited to dry hopping, crashing tanks and removing yeast
- Coordinate with the Packaging team to ensure that beer required for packaging is ready when needed
- Coordinate with the Brewing team to ensure that tanks will be ready for wort or beer when needed
- Monitor chemical, PPE inventory, and raw material inventory
- Maintain a sanitary environment in the cellar at all times, including but not limited to cleaning floors, walls, tanks, and other brewing equipment
- Train new personnel in proper equipment operation
- Ensure department maintains Great Rhythm Brewing Company’s commitment to a consistent and quality product.
- Other duties as needed or assigned
- Operate a forklift (will train)
- Enthusiastically attend brewery related events and represent brewery appropriately
- Assist in staff sensory training
- Experience in either a production brewery or brewpub with demonstrated understanding of the process of brewing, cellaring, and packaging beer.
- Basic lab skills with understanding of QA and QC tests and best practices
- Attention to detail and safety
- Able to work in a team environment
- Good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Be self-motivated
- Possess mechanical aptitude
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently without loss of attention to quality
- Flexible schedule both hours of availability and days of week
- Must be able to repeatedly stretch, kneel, bend, twist, push, pull, stand, walk for duration of the shift, lift 55+ pounds
- Work in hot, cold, wet, humid, and sometimes moderately loud environments
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Cellar Person Application”.
Your application has been successfully submitted.