This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Brewery Department at Ever Grain Brewing Co. works 5+ days per week, typically Monday-Friday. We run a small crew dedicated to pushing ourselves daily to make expressive beers of high quality. We are looking for a talented and seasoned brewer and cellar operator to join our brewery production team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Wort production on a 20hl Braukon system.
- Cellar management: transfers, CIP, dry hopping, yeast handling and management.
- Closely monitor fermentation and be able to quickly identify any discrepancies.
- Packaging (canning, bottling, and kegging).
- CO2 and DO levels.
- Tank and barrel management.
- Ingredient tracking and inventory management.
- Equipment preventative maintenance.
- Maintaining sanitary practices in all aspects of the brewery.
- Assist in weekend duties rotation.
- Sensory analysis of all beers on an as needed basis.
- QA/QC responsibilities.
- Record and complete all paperwork and inventory accurately.
- Maintain an open dialogue with production staff, owners, and sales staff regarding all aspects of operations.
- Punctual and on time for all shifts.
- Be passionate and love brewing.
- Treat others with respect and strive for always having a positive attitude and a good time with the people that work here.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Professional experience only. No exceptions. Minimum 1-2 years brewing, with additional strong cellar experience.
- Formal brewing education or college-level equivalent preferred.
- Strong sensory analysis skills and knowledge of beer styles.
- Strong work ethic.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to efficiently multitask.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including extended hours and overtime as needed.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate, verbally and in writing.
- Work closely with all members of the Ever Grain team, while also being comfortable working independently when needed.
- Must possess problem solving skills in all situations, with the ability to find solutions on your own.
- On occasion, you will be asked to help with special releases, special events, and festivals, so a friendly and outgoing attitude is a plus.
- Brewers and cellar operators are required to regularly lift bags of grain, boxes of hops, remove spent grain, and maneuver full kegs for 8+ hours a day.
- Brewers and cellar operators will climb ladders, climb stairs, drag hoses and pumps, lift oak barrels, and work in close quarters behind tanks daily.
Ever Grain Brewing Company is looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com with the position "Brewer/Cellar Operator" in the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.