This job is no longer accepting applications.
REPORTS TO: Brewery Manager
PAY RATE: Salary
Blue Earl Brewing, located in the historic town of Smyrna, Delaware is seeking a Head Brewer. Passion, positivity, hard work, teamwork, fun, creativity and open-mindedness are all part of the Blue Earl culture. The perfect candidate will embody those values, and will also be self-motivated, adaptable, a team-player and a lifelong learner with a track record of both personal and professional growth. The position’s primary responsibilities are wort production, cellar work and packaging.
The Brewer position is full-time and will report directly to the brewery manager. Additionally, the Brewer will work closely with sales and the taproom manager. Blue Earl is a three vessel 15 bbl brewhouse with fermenters from 15 to 30bbl. Annual production of 1,500 barrels in 2020 with continued growth. The Brewer will be brewing, cellaring, kegging, bottling/canning, barrel-aging, and other related activities associated with brewery operations.
- 3-5 years professional brewing experience
- Excellent sensory abilities and recipe development skills
- Grain to glass brewery experience
- Packaging experience with cans, bottles and kegs
- Experience with water filtration and custom water profiles
- Laboratory / QC experience preferred
- Formal training / education preferred
- Excellent detail-oriented communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of industry standards and trends
- Day to day operations accomplishing daily and weekly goals
- Collaborative recipe development
- Wort production
- Yeast management
- Cellar and packaging management
- Inventory management
- Ensure clean and sanitary working environment
- Ensure safety, quality and efficiency
Education, Experience and Certification/License Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of professional brewing experience
- Formal brewing education preferred
- Proven ability to contribute to a successful team
- Extensive experience of the brewing process including: • sanitation • yeast health • fermentation • beer transfer and clarification
- brewery QC procedures
- Must be able to lift 65 pounds and move 175 pounds regularly.
- Must have ability to work in both hot, cold and wet environments
- Must have ability to work in tight areas while twisting, bending, pulling and pushing
- Must have ability to stand on concrete floors for long duration (8-12 hours)
- Frequently climb ladders and stairs safely on a daily basis
Qualified applicants should possess superior knowledge and passion of the craft beer business, experience in a similar role at a brewery, ability to excel in a collaborative work environment, exceptional work ethic and ability to understand the big picture while keeping a close eye on the details, strong written and verbal communication skills, capability to multi-task, and a great appreciation for organization. Blue Earl offers a competitive salary based on experience.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include all relevant work history in your resume, formal training, as well as professional and personal references. https://blueearlbrewing.com/
EEO STATEMENT: Blue Earl Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.