This job is no longer accepting applications.
REPORTS TO: Brewery Manager
PAY RATE: Hourly
Delaware’s 7th microbrewery located in The Historic Town of Smyrna. Brewing extra special beer offerings. We look for employees who share our uncompromising vision. We value highly-skilled people who can get along with others and maintain a positive working environment.
We’re looking for the right person to help us make exceptional beer and to be involved in the entire brewing process, from grain to glass. The right candidate for this position will take pride in their work, take ownership of the process, and will appreciate everything that goes into making high quality beer. Monitoring fermentation, transferring beer between fermentation and conditioning vessels, packaging finished beer, and associated cleaning will make up a large part of regular responsibilities. Safety, sanitation, and attention to detail is an absolute must. Let’s not forget that you’re making beer for a living!
- High School Diploma
- Daily CIP of fermentation tanks and bright beer tanks.
- Work closely with brewing team to achieve desired quality and production targets.
- General cleaning of cellar and brewhouse areas including floors, vessels, piping, etc.
- Periodic handling of hazardous chemicals.
- Continually maintain all productions areas including equipment – (mill room, brewhouse, fermentation, spent grain area, grain storage area, as well as all walkways and driveways around or leading to brewhouse and cellar) Clean, sanitize tanks and work areas to maintain consistent beer quality.
- Bottling and packaging beer.
- Typically working with and around Hot water, Steam, Pressurized vessels, and Loud working areas.
- Must have the ability to start work on time, and keep a production schedule.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift 55lb. regularly and occasionally 170lb.
- Repetitive motion.
- Standing for long durations.
- Working in a wet environment.
- Rigorous work conditions.
- Working in extreme hot and cold conditions as dictated by winter and summer months.
- Must be 21 years old.
- Must have reliable transportation.
15-20 hour work week as dictated by production schedule. Work hours will increase over time. This may eventually become a full-time position.
(Other related duties maybe assigned)
Blue Earl Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.