This job is no longer accepting applications.
APPLY TO: email@example.com
LOCATION: Marble Downtown, 111 Marble Ave NW Albuquerque, NM 87102
REPORTS TO: 111 Brewery Production Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Packaging Assistant is responsible for assisting with both packaging and cellaring operations at the 111 brewery in such a way as to facilitate maximizing production of high-quality craft beer.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely and efficiently assist with packaging beer on the bottling, canning and kegging lines.
- Utilize pallet jacks and powered industrial trucks to safely move beer from the packaging areas to the distribution and warehouse areas of the brewery.
- Participate in shipping and receiving activities at the direction of the Warehouse Lead. Transfer wort and beer in partnership with the cellar and packaging teams.
- Assist with draft system maintenance at the 111 tap room.
- Utilize the Ekos brewery management system to document transfers and packaging of beer.
- Organizing and cleaning packaging areas of the brewery to facilitate a clean and safe working environment.
- Maintain a safe work environment and participate regularly in safety training.
- Utilize the GroupMe app or other designated group communication tool to facilitate efficient communication across the entire brewery team.
- Ability to follow procedures and documentation of all steps in the packaging process.
- Ability to work independently and also in a team environment.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Objective-oriented, focused, individual who needs little direction or supervision; energy and enthusiasm are critical.
- Excellent planner and organizer.
- Technology proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and comfortability using a personal computer.
- Excellent communication skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This is a team-oriented position that requires the employee to work independently as well as a part of a larger team. The Packaging Assistant will follow the weekly production plan and will communicate constantly with the 111 Production Manager and the Packaging Operators to package the correct beer on time and with high quality. The Packaging Assistant will be able to adapt quickly to changes in production scheduling and will be able to operate multiple types of complex machinery such as bottling and canning equipment, pumps, powered industrial trucks, and other equipment necessary to the production of high quality, packaged craft beer. This job works on a schedule of four 10-hour days which may not be consecutive and which will involve early morning and/or late-night hours, including some weekend work.
REQUIREMENTS: The Packaging Assistant should be able to lift, and be comfortable lifting, 50-pound bags of grain, cases and kegs of beer and boxes of supplies, be proficient in operating powered industrial trucks (automated and manual pallet jacks, forklifts) and in using a hand truck and to lift heavy objects on a regular basis and standing for extended periods.
DIRECT REPORTS: None
Your application has been successfully submitted.