This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who We Are:
WISEACRE Brewing Company is a fast-growing regional brewery with 2 locations in Memphis, TN. The company is almost 8 years old, but was founded by brothers who each had close to a decade of experience in their respective fields prior to opening...so really we're kind of 18 years old, right? Our focus is on making top quality, uniquely flavorful beverages but we have a particular passion for lagers as evidenced by our top-selling, GABF bronze medal winning Tiny Bomb pilsner. The brewery's core values are summarized with the acronym BEEFY, which has nothing to do with beef but which does stand for Bliss, Education, Excellence, Folks, and Yourself. These values guide our company culture and operations and we're looking for BEEFY folks with a love of craft beverages to help grow our team.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for the financial aspects of Wiseacre, including coordination with the outsourced accounting firm for financial reporting and analysis to management and the board, including monthly financial performance, budgeting and long range forecasting. This position will also work with the various departments to provide analytical support and data trend analysis to inform and present to management for effective decision making.
Role and Responsibilities
- A key voice in data collection and integration for the company.
- Strategic, project-oriented reports over rhythmic periods that effectively communicate trends of
- the business and industry and provide options/outlook for a forward path.
- Financial planning and analysis (FP&A) on potential business decisions and opportunities.
- Keen understanding of inputs and outputs within data systems used at the company.
- Deep understanding of components of company financial statements.
- Develop plans and strategies for business growth and achieving the company’s sales goals.
- Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
- Assist with board materials in addition to board level presentations when necessary.
- Experience extracting trends from large swaths of data and making strategic recommendations.
- to management on potential paths forward.
- 3+ Years of workplace familiarity with basic accounting principles.
- 3+ Years experience working with a team.
- 4+ Years of progressive experience in a Financial Analyst role.
- Experience with multiple data systems.
- Significant Beverage Industry Experience is a plus.
- Strategic thinker capable of spotting opportunities and trends.
- Data-driven mindset.
- Project oriented working style, with workflow prioritization skills.
- Quirky personality with a fun loving work ethic.
- High attention to detail.
- Expert: Microsoft Excel.
- Attuned understanding of financial structures and metrics.
- Able to query and develop mastery over multiple data systems.
- Effective communicator, both in person and in writing.
- Desire to grow into influential role and benefit from the upside of the company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.