This job is no longer accepting applications.
This position will work from 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm on the 2nd shift.
- Assists the Logistics Team in daily operations including staging of product along with loading and unloading delivery trucks.
- Organizes and maintains the cold and dry storage in all warehouses.
- Performs daily and weekly routine cleaning of cold and dry storage locations. Keeps floors clean and free of debris/hazards, empties all trash bins, keeps all loading areas tidy, sweeps out trucks.
- Effectively and safely operates a forklift and/or hand truck to transport company products.
- Safely operates a forklift, loads and unloads company merchandise, beer, and mail into the company vehicles, in accordance with safety standards.
- Uses forklift and/or company vehicles to transfer product from production brewery to warehouse storage.
- Stores and rotates all finished goods in a safe and efficient manner from Karl Strauss Brewing Co, and all brewery partners that we distribute.
- Inspects all receivables upon delivery and prior to storing in warehouse.
- Accurately updates inventory totals and assists with inventory control.
- Consistently ensures all products leaving warehouse are within code.
- Separates and inspects damaged goods from inventory to either be salvaged or removed.
- Company vehicles - assists with route deliveries as necessary; adhering to designated routes, delivery schedules, and delivery policies & procedures.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years experience working in a production or packaging facility, or with filling, labeling, and crowing equipment.
- Works well independently and cooperatively with others.
- Strong communication skills spanning all levels within the organization.
- Mechanical aptitude for equipment repairs and troubleshooting.
- Must maintain a valid California driver’s license and be insurable on the Company’s automobile insurance policy.
- Ability to follow directions, read maps, and ask for assistance when necessary.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate for seasonal production demands.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Physical Demands: Employee typically shares workstation with others in similar positions. Time spent conducting sedentary work is less than 25%. Requires walking, standing, and/or driving for more than 75% of the workday. Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Your application has been successfully submitted.