This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Packaging Manager is responsible for providing direction and supervision to the entire packaging department. This position will work closely with the QA/QC Manager and VP of Brewing Ops to identify areas of opportunity for improvement, and must strive for constant improvement in packaging operations. This position is responsible for hiring and training staff in the packaging department and building a departmental org chart that fosters employee development and clarifies responsibility throughout the department. This Position is also responsible for working with the VP of Brewing ops to identify and define cap-ex expenditures in packaging.
- Interview, hire, train, motivate and supervise all packaging personnel
- Work with the production manager to establish and maintain the packaging schedule.
- Write and maintain SOP’s for all packaging operations and facilitate personnel training.
- Ensure a safe work environment.
- Schedule personnel to fulfill packaging operations
- Work with Packaging supervisors to ensure adequate staffing levels and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Recommend operational business improvements to executive management
- Schedule and execute maintenance and repairs to minimize brewery down time with the assistance of Brewery maintenance team.
- Track efficiency and loss rates in the packaging department, working with VP of brewing operations to implement process improvements.
- Maintain a clean, safe and well organized facility.
- Work with QA/QC manager to identify and address sanitation concerns throughout the packaging department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in related discipline and/or certification or graduation from an accredited Brewer Training Institution.
- 5+ years progressive industry related experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience providing work direction or supervising personnel in a packaging brewery
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to manage, train, and motivate production staff
- Proven mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of beer production, storage and packaging
- Excellent attention to detail and record keeping skills
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organization
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Experience with Obeer
- Knowledge of HACCP programs
- Experience with food safety and GMP protocols
- Supervision of the packaging department.
- This position operates around a ‘mostly’ traditional schedule in an office environment, but can require long hours and evening/weekend work when the demand calls for it. Participation at relevant brewery and other company events is assumed.
COVID Policy: Surly is instituting a new vaccination policy as a term of employment. By Monday, Sept. 20, employees will need to provide digital proof of completed vaccination. If an employee chooses not to provide vaccination proof, they will need to complete a COVID PCR test twice weekly and share those results with HR. This policy applies to all current and future employees. Also, all employees will be required to wear masks during their work hours/shift, inside, at all Surly worksites. Due to the constant change in federal, state, and local guidance, the vaccination policy may change on or before Sept. 20
Sound like your thing? Apply today!
Your application has been successfully submitted.