Branding and Marketing Assistant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the Organization
West Sixth Brewing is a craft brewery and taproom located in downtown Lexington, KY. We focus on producing the highest quality, fresh, delicious craft beer, and sharing it with others by distributing it to other restaurants and bars in the Central Kentucky area. We were the first brewery to can its beer in Kentucky, and distribute flagship and seasonal beers to stores throughout the Commonwealth and across the river in Cincinnati, OH. Finally, we also operate a taproom at our production facility, located in the Bread Box at 501 West Sixth Street; our Louisville taproom in NuLu; our West Sixth Farm location in Franklin County; and our container-style taproom West Sixth Box Park in Newport, KY.
We also believe that businesses should be measured not only by their financial success but also by the good they do for their community. That’s why, in every decision we make, we weigh not only how it will affect the business but also how it can better the community that we live in. From our choices to focus on green design inside the taproom, to our selection of cans for distributing out beer, to our commitment to give 6% of all net profits back to other community organizations, we try to live our values in every decision we make. And we have a lot of fun doing it!
About the Position
Branding & Marketing Assistant
Position based in Lexington, KY
The Branding & Marketing assistant is responsible for directly assisting the Creative Director in daily, weekly and long-term brand tasks - including but not limited to: overall brewery marketing, organization of tours & tastings, assistance & execution of trademark taproom events, social media content production, and special projects.
This role will be defined somewhat by these specific responsibilities, but focused primarily on being a side-by-side daily resource for the Creative Director. The objectives will flow as West Sixth grows; defined by seasonal changes, current initiatives, and priority projects.
Candidate Requirements / Recommendations:
- Individual should be extremely detail oriented, self-driven, and excited about creative content and solutions.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite tools and Google Suite preferred.
- Fluent in current Social Media tools and environments
- Passion for marketing and craft beer
- A demonstrative creative portfolio is recommended for applicants. This position will demand photography production and a tactile artistic intuition -- having experience with these things is a huge benefit.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assistance with social media content creation for all taproom locations
- Assistance with creative content creation for the West Sixth brand - digital and physical projects
- Assistance with internal support projects with the other members of the brand team and managers
- Assistance with seeking out and creating content for other platforms (TikTok, Instagram Stories / Reels, Videos, web presentation)
- Assistance with customer inquiries and engagement across social platforms
- Assistance with execution, and creative building of trademark events in conjunction with the taproom teams
- Examples: West Sixth Birthday, Oktoberfest, Fall Fest, IPA Fest, NuLu Anniversary & Farm anniversary
- Record keeping, execution and dashboarding of all ticketed West Sixth events (i.e. Passport-style tasting events, beer dinners, seasonal reservations)
- Evaluation of the success of all events through post event follow-up and surveys
- Regular Tour maintenance, enhancement, and engagementGiving tours (weekends, private tours)
- Managing our weekly tour collateral/materials
- Building new infrastructure and managing tour updates/booking
- Assistance with beer releases, rotating taproom promotions, taproom events
- Introducing and presenting vision-forward projects that enhance the West Sixth brand within consumer experiences
- Assisting the Creative Director with brand brainstorming (new beer identities, taproom expansions, & more)
- Other tasks as necessary to assist the Creative Director
We’re looking for a team player, and one who is excited about the challenge of helping to develop and grow and contribute to our marketing team. We’re looking for someone who is interested in playing a role in the overall business long term.
- Health Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan (Dental, Vision, Life, other)
- Year-end profit sharing bonus (based on performance, not guaranteed)
- CSA Benefit
- Employee ownership (eligible after 2 complete years of employment, not guaranteed)
- Awesome Extras
West Sixth Brewing is an equal opportunity employer. West Sixth Brewing does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service. I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for West Sixth Brewing to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either West Sixth Brewing or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of West Sixth Brewing has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.