Brewer/Cellar – I
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Pelican Brewery is seeking a detail-oriented and self-motivated individual to join our brewery production team on the Oregon Coast to pursue an engaging & purposeful career opportunity.
Pelican Brewing Company has been crafting beers with passion, purpose & integrity since 1996. We began in our original pub in Pacific City, OR. We have since built a second brewpub in Cannon Beach and currently constructing a third in Siletz Bay. This position will work in our production facility in Tillamook. We are a healthy & growing brewery and are on track to produce 50k barrels this year.
The Brewer/Cellar I position serves in a core production role for brewing operations and is considered apprentice level for the brewing trade. This position will develop a clear understanding of production process and flow. When fully trained they will be responsible for all aspects of beer production from wort to bright beer and help uphold the standards of quality at Pelican. This position helps bring “Brewed with Purpose” to life.
- Candidate must be eager to learn and enjoy working with others.
- Previous professional brewing experience is great, not required. We’re also happy to train you.
- Must be able to effectively manage time.
- Basic computer literacy needed. We’ll train you on variety of software tools for managing workflow.
- Effectively communicate with coworkers and management.
- Work both independently and in small teams.
- Understand, read, analyze, and interpret data.
- Work through task lists and manage tasks to completion.
- Analyze and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of circumstances.
- Mental Flexibility – We’re always improving & reinventing process. Change can be expected. New ideas are always encouraged & explored.
The Brewer I accountabilities include but are not limited:
- Wort Production on both 90bbl and 30bbl brewhouses
- Cellar procedures including tank additions and clarification prep
- Centrifuge operation
- Automated equipment cleaning - Brewhouses, FVs, BBTs, pumping equipment.
- Facility Upkeep (keeping workstations and areas clean to reflect the Pelican Brand)
While performing the duties of this job, the staff are regularly required to walk and stand; regular use of hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Staff must be able to work on their feet for 8-10 hours per day. Intermittent lifting of 44 lb. boxes of hops, 55lb. bags of grain, climb stairs/ladders, grip and manual dexterity are helpful.
The Pelican Brewery seeks to promote work/life balance. We operate only two shifts. No overnight/ graveyard work is required. We foster a culture of continuous improvement and learning. Advancement opportunities always exist.
We encourage people of diverse backgrounds to apply. We offer equitable pay and strive to reward excellence.
Benefits & Compensation
Pelican Brewing offers industry competitive wages along with the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance (health, dental, vision, accident, life)
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with company match
- Discounts at Pelican Brewing locations.
Your application has been successfully submitted.