Brewery Process Engineer
Get to Know Us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We’re committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
This position is responsible for providing technical and reliability expertise for the Sierra Nevada Brewing Company (SNBC) by managing asset reliability risks that could adversely affect the plant or business operations. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role drives continuous improvement for long-term productivity gains, cost reduction, and waste elimination. Additionally, this role is responsible for assuring proper equipment specification, design, installation, and repair of mechanical equipment along with instrumentation, automation, and process control systems according to SNB standards and reliability best practices.
What You Will Do
- Identifies, develops, design, and integrates improvement projects, optimizations, process changes, and new technologies to achieve increased productivity, improved quality, safer operations, and increased capacity
- Provides technical support for capital projects and manages projects as assigned
- Provides field oversight of outside contractors and suppliers of technical services performing work at SNB or in off-site shops
- Provides daily process and automation support to the Brewing teams to ensure all aspects of production are operating correctly
- Supports equipment reliability through facilitating and executing technical solutions for process improvements
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues that adversely affect plant operations
- Develops engineering standards and guidelines for the Brewery
- Collaborates with maintenance personnel on the calibration, maintenance, and upgrade/replacement activities for equipment and instrumentation
- Provides guidance and training as appropriate to promote proper operation and maintenance of equipment, instruments, and control systems
- Works with safety as a core value, looks for opportunities to build safety consciousness and promote safe work practices, models the proactive behavior of providing input on safety issues and supports the Hidden
Please Apply if You Have
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or Materials engineering required and
- Brewing Degree or Certification preferred
- 5 years Manufacturing experience required; experience within a brewery required
- Mechanical and/or process engineering background within a large-scale manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience with design, build, installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting equipment and processes
- Project management experience preferred
- Ability to recognize and clearly report information
- Solid knowledge of brewing concepts, principles, processes, and theories
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with and guide others
- Development of P&IDs and process equipment and piping specifications
- Working knowledge of PLC programming concepts, computer network technology, servers, and databases
- Ability to be self-motivated and motivate others to persist in times of challenge or uncertainty
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.
Your application has been successfully submitted.