Commercial Fleet Driver
Get to Know Us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We’re committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
Sierra Nevada Commercial Fleet Drivers provide excellent service while driving our commercial trucks to deliver and/or pick up product(s). This role's shift typically starts between midnight and 3am and is concluded when deliveries are complete. This role has a four day workweek with a fifth day optional when the schedule warrants in.
What You Will Do:
- Deliver beer to distribution centers and pick up bottling supplies on return trip while driving commercial truck in a safe, defensive, and courteous manner
- Receive weekly schedule and make deliveries as assigned
- Adjust delivery route and times based on distributor schedule as needed
- Load pallets of empty kegs onto truck with electric stand-up or sit-down lift
- Keep electronic or paper log current
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspections; complete vehicle inspection report
- Clean truck interior & wash truck windows as needed
- Observe, understand and implement safe work practices as required by law and company policies and procedures
- Operate forklift; stand-up and sit-down models at distribution centers, in a safe and efficient manner
Please Apply if You Have:
- 5 years Commercial driving experience required
- Knowledge of D.O.T. rules and regulations
- Ability to read, understand and follow safety rules
- Ability to effectively work in team environment
- Ability to work independently or with little supervision
- Ability to understand and abide by all state and federal laws
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, safety rules, company policies and communications
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- CDL - Commercial Driver's License with an exemplary driving record free of any major violations within the last FIVE years upon hire required
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
- You must be at least 18 years old to perform the duties of this position
- Monday - Friday, 12 AM - 3 AM start time
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer driver's license check.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check and DOT compliant drug screen
Your application has been successfully submitted.