Fort George Brewery is open for dine-in, and we are looking for additional team members to take up the mantle of Prep Cook. Our Prep Cooks keep our lines totally stocked with a variety of food products including smoked and butchered meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, breads and all the other ingredients and products needed to prepare the tasty foodstuffs that our menus offer. They are the highly skilled, behind the scenes actors that holds our fast-paced shifts together.
This position provides opportunity for professional development and the potential for career advancement in our pubs and restaurant operations via training and direct, hands-on experience.
Fort George Brewery is an equal opportunity employer that actively seeks to hire qualified individuals from all walks of life regardless of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Essential Job Functions
- Opening and closing prep areas
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment used in food production
- Maintaining a clean, sanitary work station, and conducting general kitchen cleaning
- Preparing a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and food items according to specifications
- Assuring accuracy for all recipes, portion sizes, prep methods, and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures
- Monitoring par-levels of ingredients and products, ensuring there are always enough for the day/week
- Handling, storing, and rotating all products properly
- Attending all scheduled employee meetings and mandatory events
- Adhering to grooming and hygiene standards consistently
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid Food Handler’s card required (may be obtained within 30 days from first date of employment)
- Ability to read labels on chemicals and products
- Knowledge of workplace and safety procedures (may be obtained during training)
- Must be able to communicate with patrons and coworkers
- Continuing food and menu education
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
- Filling in for absent staff as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position
- Manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills, and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures
- Be able to remain in a stationary position up to 90% of the time
- Be able to traverse the kitchen, dining, storage, and other areas on campus up to 75% of the time
- Be able to move equipment and product weighing up to 15 pounds up to 75% of the time
- Be able to determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned
- Be able to assess safety and cleanliness of workplace surroundings (kitchen, storage, guest areas, etc).
- Be able to communicate with coworkers, successfully exchange information
- Be able to move equipment and product up to 25 pounds up to 50% of the time
- Be able to move product and equipment up to 50 pounds up to 25% of the time
- Be able to ascend/descend stairs, step-ladders, and extension-ladders while moving equipment and product up to 15 pounds
- Environmental Conditions
- Constantly works around wet, slippery floors or surfaces
- Constantly works in an indoor setting
- Frequently works in hot, enclosed, noisy, and fast-paced setting
- Constantly exposed to ovens, stoves, grills, steam wells, mixers, and other cooking equipment
- Constantly works with and around sharp objects or tools, including but not limited to slicers, chef’s knives, blenders, graters, etc.
- Frequently works near toxic/caustic chemicals and with fumes or airborne particles
**Please note that this job description is meant to give a basic understanding of the position and does not cover every part of the job duties and requirements. Fort George reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position at any time.**
***Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions***
Your application has been successfully submitted.