This job is no longer accepting applications.
TRU Colors is a state-of-the art brewery (67-barrel system), recording studio, fitness center, and taproom that has hired active gang members (think Blood, Crip, & GD) to come together, stop violence, and unite people across the country; and it works! We are not a warm and fuzzy nonprofit, rather a for-profit sustainable company with a strongly integrated social mission, scalable business model, proven team, and incredible partners to help us pull it off.
Have your attention?
For a little info on TRU Colors, check out the following links:
- Facility Tour: www.TruTour.Life
- Background: www.TruStory.Life
- Docuseries Teaser: www.TruDocuseries.Life
As a Brewer, you will be responsible for daily brewing operations relating to wort production and cellar activities. The Brewer will work in daily coordination with the brewhouse, cellar, packaging, QA/QC, and warehouse teams.
The Brewer will report directly to the Head Brewer in the interim.
Areas of Responsibility:
Brewery operations including, but not limited to:
- Wort production on a 50 bbl, semi-automated brewhouse
- CIP of all brewery vessels including brewhouse, fermenters, and brite tanks
- Monitors and records keeping of all fermentations including routine analysis of in-process beer
- In charge of centrifugation, filtration operations, carbonation, and preparation of beer packaging
- Handles yeast process including pitching, propagating, harvesting, and lab cell counting
- Manages raw materials including receiving, handling, storage, and inventory counting
- Participates in sensory training
- Follows established SOPs and best practices to produce high quality beer
- Aids in training and professional development of new brewers
- Ensures a safe work environment
- Runs routine preventative maintenance of equipment
- Ability to frequently lift or move 25 lbs and occasionally lift or move up to 55 lbs
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and kneel for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in typical brewery environment consisting of high noise levels, hot/cold climate, and wet/slippery conditions
Your application has been successfully submitted.