General Manager Brewpub
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This position is responsible for the overall daily operation and profitability of the restaurant. The General Manager is responsible for ensuring excellent customer satisfaction is the number one priority of the restaurant as well as managing sales, controlling costs, supporting Front of the House and Back of the House management teams and the hourly staff. The General Manager is to ensure there is daily supervision of all positions at the location during all hours of operation. The General Manager liaises with the District Manager or VP of Brewpubs and Taprooms for all functional areas of the restaurant location and levels of management within.
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork while working respectfully with all team members.
- Communicate clearly while demonstrating willingness to help all team members.
- Provide and manages safe workplace environment for all staff members.
- Provide and manages harassment free workplace of all staff members.
- Oversee daily front of the house and back of the house restaurant operations.
- Manage all printed menu supplies including beer menus reflecting current draft and package beer.
- Report any issues, concerns, or pertinent items in daily HotSchedules Manager Logbook notes.
- Plan and conducts weekly manager meetings.
- Manage reservations according to reservation policy, checks and confirms all reservations and work in coordination with the event coordinator where applicable.
- Ensure daily pre-shift meetings are taking place with staff to inform them of happenings in the restaurant.
- Update POS terminals via POS software.
- Ensure complete adherence to all federal and local laws including but not limited to all labor, dram shop, DABC laws and licensing requirements.
- Ensure superior service is offered to all guest and is a priority of all restaurant managers and staff.
- Act as an ambassador for visiting brewers, wholesale partners, retailers, and others.
- Assist staff with ensuring timely service while ensuring accurate execution of food items.
- Respond to all guest complaints and works to proactively resolve them within company procedures and guidelines.
- Recruit staff while working with other managers and human resources and complete all requisite employee paperwork and onboarding processes.
- Ensure scheduling standards and practices are being met for all staff.
- Manage staff including rewarding good performance, coaching sessions, written warnings, suspensions or termination.
- Ensure that staff adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Manage strong employee retention practice.
- Ensure that staff receives continual training necessary for job competency.
Back of House:
- Work with Chef to ensure all food and beverage products are prepared and presented in accordance to written recipes and specifications with menu integrity.
- Protect consumer health with strict adherence to all sanitary and safe food handling mandates and practices.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all aspects of various kitchen equipment.
- Promote and serve CANarchy beer in a fashion that communicates the brewery’s passion for quality and excellence.
- Liaise and communicates with brewery management and staff.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all aspects of multiple, draft beer dispensing systems.
- Ensure the proper standards are followed for restaurant set up, including opening and closing procedures and all security measures.
- Ensure all building premises are appropriately and adequately maintained, organized and secured.
- Maintain strict security standards to avoid theft or damage.
- Ensure that retail and to-go beer items are properly stocked and aesthetically maintained.
- Ensure that all invoices are expeditiously accounted for accurately.
- Reconcile all cash at the end of the night and accurately record daily deposit.
- Ensure that all beer and retail item transfers from brewery to taproom are accurately entered into accounting systems.
- Conduct periodic inventories accurately while working with District Manager or VP.
- Ensure orders for all items are completed in a timely and efficient manner that provides for the financial viability operations.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work all days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from sales staff, distributors, co-workers and management.
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively before all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to analyze and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to use logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions.
- Skill in computer literacy focusing on Microsoft Office Suite.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift 50 lbs., and lift, push or pull 165 lbs. kegs. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
Supervisor: District Manager or VP Brewpub and Taprooms
Manages Others: Yes
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED Required
Minimum Certification: Cicerone Certified Beer Server certification
ServSafe Food Handler Manager certification
Minimum Experience: At least two years full-service restaurant.
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: 20%
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Computer, Kitchen Equipment, Draught Beer Dispensing Equipment
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.